Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Looking for that techie toy for me.

"Ano ba ang hilig mo?"

Not really an odd question. What made it odd was the person who had asked me that particular question.

After at least a week-long debate with himself, Tad finally went ahead and purchased that Apple iTouch he's been longing to buy. I think the last straw was when he saw that Jerald had bought himself an iPhone, hahaha. So anyway, every time Tad was thinking about getting a new player, he would ask me about all the differences between the iTouch and the iPod Video. Every time we have this conversation, I would always have the same answer: "Depends on the lifestyle of the person who will own it." So there, he got an iTouch instead of the iPod Video, because we both knew that he wouldn't be able to fill the player with all the videos in the world considering he just wants a music player that's capable of WiFi.

Which brings us back to the first sentence of this entry. We were talking about all the stuff Tad had just put into his new toy, and then I admitted that even though I was such a music lover way way back. But now, I have no clue when it came to music trends and, well, music in general. It didn't really surprise him, as he knew that I mostly listened to Broadway until I couldn't keep up with the new stuff anymore. I then concluded that a portable music player isn't really for me for now. That's when he asked me that particular question. I just shrugged and said that I like blogging.

Then I suddenly remembered the clickety-clacking sounds behind me during class this afternoon. I found Kaye hunched over this uber-small laptop, literally just the size of my spiral notebook. A "cutie laptop," I called it, hahaha. I never realized that the Asus Eee PC was that small and designed specially for Internet-related activities. Now that was for me like Tad's new toy was for him. Hahaha. It's just for something small to carry around while I'm out and my own computer's out of reach, anyway.

Hahaha, now that's pretty small and compact.


Another project's about to start this week. But my goodness, talk about professionalism. No one even bothered to inform me today about rehearsals not pushing through tonight. Oh well, fine, I'll cut them some slack for now.

8 comments:

  1. Eee only has 8gig of memory though :| haha.. but the size of the laptop really makes it tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, hahaha! There are newer models out already with bigger memory, though I don't think it's available here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8gig is okay if you're going to use it for what it was designed for. It's a UMPC not a normal laptop. You can get another 8GB mem card and place it on the slot at the side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, sabi ko nga, parang iPod din lang. Not really meant for much storage. Pang Internet lang talaga. OK naman yung gamit ng mom mo? Aside from the itty-bitty keyboard, I mean, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep, she loves this itty-bitty toy. it's perfect for her since she travels most of the time. she still uses her PC pag nandito sa bahay... minsan nakikigamit si hedgie sa UMPC nya..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, kay Hedgie talaga eh. Matatakot na lang ba ako pag nakita kong may YM na rin si Hedgie? HAHAHA.
    In fairness, madaling maitago yan. Di na kailangan ng permit sa CSB kasi super liit at hindi halata kung anong dala mo, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meron HP mininote, DELL E coming up soon for 299 dollars din and BLUE laptop na same as eee pc same form factor as asus eeepc but has 30 gb of HD. Ok din yung ASTONE pc na touchscreen with 30gb 19,500 pesos din. at may amd wizbooks. More to come. The 2gb ASUS eee pc can be bought for 12k din brand new.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really? Pero that size din yung sa HP and Dell? Oooh, touchscreen... I likey.
    2gig lang yung 12k na Asus? Where siya available?

    ReplyDelete