Saturday, June 28, 2008

Labfest opening.

Virgin Labfest 4 finally opened this week. I kept telling myself that I couldn't wait for the show to open so I can finally breathe easier. Plus, schedules wouldn't be as crazy anymore, as there are other things that I have that's been piling up.

We were supposed to have our DTR last Sunday, but because of the darn weather, all rehearsals had been canceled that day. DTRs resumed on Tuesday, beginning with our set (Set A: Kapamilya, Kapuso, Kabisyo). By Wednesday, I was already a wreck, as we had called rehearsals in between Virgin Labfest 3 Revisited's matinee and evening shows so we can rehearse a certain prop that never came. Darn it. We finally resolved the issue by coming up with an alternative that was used in Himala the Musical.

Thursday came. Way too early call time to give way for a final DTR before our opening show at 3pm. One thing I just want to say during final DTRs is "Huwag mo akong ngaragin." Hahaha, I've been using that line since my thesis days, but lately I've been too nice to do so. I don't know, what annoys me like hell is when someone would nag at me for slacking off when I'm already trying to do my job. Yes, I'm too nice to speak up for myself, ahehe. The very few who know me that well know what I'm talking about, hyukhyukhyuk.

DTR was pretty much alright, except for a few miscues. Plus I had to wash May's costume immediately after our show, so I didn't get to watch the other 2 plays. I was gearing up for the 3pm show though. Of course, there was even a time that I had to run to Harrison Plaza to buy Karo syrup, but by the time I got there, Shopwise had run out of the darn stuff, so I had to return to CCP empty-handed.

That day was almost like my birthday, working like crazy without even any time for a breather. It was our 9th month, and Tad and I didn't even get to see much of each other, specially after a little minor disagreement the night before. But one sweet gesture, he appeared in the Batute dressing room just long enough to put a venti coffee jelly frappuccino in my hands as a peace offering. Thanks, love! Too bad I didn't get to drink it at that time, so I just left it on the one of the counters by the refreshments.

Thanks to Zee, Dyown and Billy for watching the 3pm show! Sorry I didn't get to stay and chat.

Even though our blood effect didn't work during the matinee show, I still had a bit of laundry duty as the dress that May wore still had some red stains on it, probably from the shower where we had put red food coloring in the water. Thanks to Ate Bheng's patient instructions, I managed to wash and dry the dress just in time for the evening show.

Even if the blood effect worked for the 8pm show, there were still a few glitches then. First off was that May couldn't find the gauze bandage I handed over to her before the show (which I found on the floor in the dressing room, ahehehe). Then our shower went off when the faucet was turned on, hahaha! I was cringing the whole time and was avoiding any view of Tuxqs in case he was doing the same. It was still a good show, though.

To unwind, I found myself in the dressing room during Ang Mga Halimaw, finally happily sipping that coffee jelly delight in a plastic cup. Shared it with Tara, Anna and Martha to hype them up for their own play, Amoy ng Langit, which is the 3rd play in our set. Afterwards, I started collecting my props, quietly bringing them to the prop room so I don't have to worry about lugging all of them during the strike.

Props to Mia for hanging tough out there, by the by. You've finally been "devirginized" by the Labfest, hahaha. Doncha just love the feeling of being up there and hearing "Standing by..." and "Going..." after your every command? Hahahaha!

Two shows down, two more to go. Congratulations to everyone involved in Virgin Labfest 4! And break a leg to those who are still about to open tomorrow!

18 comments:

  1. Suh-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Cadlum!

    Ichowkey mare marami pang ibang time to chat! Busy busy-han ka naman kasi! NApakaganda ng play nyo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salamat Zee! Haha, buti na lang at di kayo natamaan ng crimson tide galing sa shower namin, hahahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Korekkkk! HAHAHAHA! Naloka ako dun! Ako pa naman yung malapit sa shower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA! Oo nga no! Di ko nga kayo makita from my post kasi nahaharangan ng stand kung nasan ang script ko.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats sa atin! Manuod ka na ng play namin. Hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats din! =) Hahaha, sa Sunday na lang ako manonood. Di na ako maglalaba nun, wahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ang ganda-ganda... ang galing-galing. Congratzzz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe, salamat sa panonood, Dyown! =)

    ReplyDelete