Thursday, June 19, 2008

Nearing Labfest. Ranting. Randomness.

I think I'm going to come down with something. My throat felt sore since this afternoon. Maybe it had something to do with how I almost got caught in a sudden downpour as I was walking to CCP. Or most likely it's because of the severe change of temperature since yesterday, when it was pretty warm outside and freezing cold in Batute as we did stage adjustment and lights plotting.

Virgin Labfest had a different feeling for me this year compared to last year. I was a novice back then. I had no idea how do get around. Worse, was my schedule was too tight. This year, even with my school schedule, I still managed to work around it, and still find some mornings to sleep in.

=================================

It's annoying how my mom still can't seem to understand the world I'm in. She doesn't understand the late nights in the theater, the crazy schedules, and having to go out on Sundays. Once I had returned to school, she didn't want me to do anything else. Hello, no life? The mere mention this evening of a student thesis where I'm getting paid for seemed like a big deal to her already, because it meant more late nights and crazy schedules. What am I, twelve? Well, it's not really the curfew she's concerned about. It's about her having to wait up for me because she's the one who opens the gate. She doesn't understand the convenience of leaving me with a key.

Just this evening, she even bribed me by not going through with that thesis play and just told me that she'd just give me the amount the thesis group was paying me. ARG. You can pay me if it's only about the schedule. But you cannot pay me just for that, because I want the experience. This is my outlet, one of the many things my parents have been suppressing me from. At the age of 26, you still don't want me to do this? Do I have to wait until you're totally senile for me to pursue my passion?

=================================

Ever heard of Eksena Manila? It's a local group that part of the Improv Everywhere Global Network. Just stumbled into their site. 3 missions accomplished so far, but I have to admit, I wasn't all that impressed with their MOA freeze. They should've come up with more interesting poses than just sitting down or walking. I guess the most interesting freeze I saw there was the guy who was about to take a bite of his food.

I've been a fan of Improv Everywhere since I read about their Moebius stint 5 years ago. My favorite missions so far was the Frozen Grand Central Station (which was even replicated in Law and Order with Robin Williams), and the Food Court Musical (which wasn't really improv as they had rehearsed it a few times before they executed it). Their most recent mission, the Camera Flash Experiment, was quite interesting. 700 agents along the Brooklyn Bridge! My oh my.

=================================

Arg, my slight sore throat had developed into a cold. I hate this. I'll be ngo-ngo by this weekend as I call cues into a headset.

8 comments:

  1. Mag vitamins galore ka na! Si Mia din nagkasakit. Baka pagdating ng tech week, wala nang mga SM! Oh noessss!!!! Knock on wood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyahahay! Wag naman sana. Mawawala din ito, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 26 ka na pala? Haha, I thought you were 22 or something. Hayaan mo na mom mo, most moms are like that. Mapapgod ka lang. See you sa labfest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ay nako, ganyan din parents ko sa amin, to think na my eldest sibling is 29. after some thinking (nagtaka talaga ako kung bakit nila ginagawa yun), i realized that the reason they wait for us is that, hindi sila kampante hanggang hindi kumpleto ang mga anak nila. di sila nakakatulog pag di pa kami kumpleto. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm infusing this into your character. xD Broadway-Bound ftw! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, hard to believe that I'm that old ba? Kaloka diba? Parang bata pa rin, kaya ganyan pa rin ang trato sakin ng magulang ko.
    Kitakits sa Labfest! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, ganyan din yung mom ko. Eh pano na yan pag umalis na ako ng bahay diba? Or what if I take up a call center job? Di na siya ever makakatulog. Kaloka.

    ReplyDelete