Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend unwinding moments.

Met up with Opa in Taft yesterday afternoon after my final class because I knew she was passing through the area before she heads to CCP for Rehearsal and Performance Techniques workshop. As it turned out, she was heading to CCP an hour early to meet with a couple of her classmates to rehearse an assigned scene. Aw, I felt a slight twinge of envy, as we used to do that last year. I didn't mind the having that kind of homework everyday.

Anyway, when we arrived at the MKP, her groupmates were already waiting for her outside the venue (there was a master class going on inside). Her one other groupmate was RJ, one of my classmates from Acting in Musical Theater. Hahaha, I missed my "syotang bakla." Rayna was also part of the class as well! My golly, their class was pretty small. There were 6 of them that day, plus Anna and Russell, and Martha's coming in to catch up next week.

When the master class had ended, I joined the handful of RPT workshoppers inside the MKP, as Anna had announced that Sir Dennis had said to make use of the first half hour to rehearse their scenes. Throw lines here and there, blocking here and there, and nakikichika naman ako with those who weren't rehearsing or are already done rehearsing. Chikahan plus kilig moments with RJ, Rayna and Anna, hahaha. Lao and Riki also dropped in.

Sir Dennis finally arrived, and he immediately began the class by making the groups perform their scenes one by one. I sat with Riki and Lao ala American Idol panel at an adjacent table facing the acting area (at may platforms na sila ngayon, haha). Kat joined us after the first group had performed. Sir Dennis encouraged us to comment after all the groups have performed, but I didn't know that all of us really were supposed to comment. Comment nga lang naman eh, so sige na nga. I didn't even know if what I said was worth listening to, hahaha.

Thanks for letting me sit in, Sir! Hope I can drop by again soon.

I miss workshopping.

Oh well.

Anyway, yesterday, Rosa asked me to go with her to Fully Booked at High Street. She was looking for Spanish language books, but most bookstores just have dictionaries, so that branch of Fully Booked was the way to go with its 5 stories of "happy literary goodness and stuff."

We first went to Market Market for lunch, and because we were talking about Gryn Wasabi sushi and how I recommended it to Tad and Paolo, we both ended up craving for sushi, so we settled for this Japanese resto, hahaha (forgot the name, though). The maki that Rosa got was pretty yummy and crunchy, and was great with the wasabi and soy sauce. Too bad the salmon sashimi I got wasn't all that, and the place's iced tea was too sweet.

On to Fully Booked. When Rosa got to the travel and language section on the second floor, I was free to explore the other floors. Ended up spending a long time sitting on the floor in the little plays and drama corner, until Teena found me there. Haha, she was hunting for I Am My Own Wife by Doug Wright. I did find a play by Michael Frayn, but no Noises Off, darn darn darn. I settled for Chekov and Stanislavky then, hahaha. It took me quite a long time going around the place that I thought Rosa might already be fluent in Spanish by the time I met back with her, hahaha.

I just love Fully Booked there in High Street. I could live there, hahaha.

Walked around after that, then we took a break in Krispy Kreme to talk over doughnuts and strawberry chillers until it wasn't that hot out anymore.

We have new project in the works. We're now searching for material that's suitable for the theme (post-apocalyptic). Any suggestions? Not a full-length play really. Just a good fifteen minutes is enough.

8 comments:

  1. muhahaha! "RPT workshoppers" pala ang tawag. ehehe. salamat Hogi sa araw na iyon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, talagang ginagawa kong acronym ang lahat ng classes eh, kaya RPT workshoppers kayo, hehe.
    Salamat din sa pagsama sakin. Pasensya na kung yun lang ang comment ko sa group niyo, haha. At sa iyo lang ang comment na yun, haha. Labo pa ng sinabi ko. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahaha! wag ka humingi ng pasensya, alam ko ako favorite mo kaya sa akin ka lang nag-comment eh. haha. kaya, tandaan, pag nag sit-in, dapat humanda na sa pag-comment at sa pagsagot ng tanong na, "how do you feel?"..ehehehe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, favorite kita, ahahaha! =)
    Maghahanda na ako sa pag-comment sa susunod na sit-in. Pero dapat pala maalala ko ang lesson niyo bawat araw para swak. Yun ang inisip ni Kat eh, hehe.
    At yes, madadamay ako diyan sa "How do you feel?" ni Sir DM nyan, wahahaha. "Sir... I feel... lazy to comment." HAHAHAHA. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fully Booked High Street is HEAVEN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. naloka ako sa you feel lazy to comment, hahaha! but you're just being honest, why not! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honest nga yun, hahaha! Sabi naman ni Sir na wag pag-isipan eh, HAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMEN. =)
    Bilib na ako pag nagkaroon sila ng copy of Noises Off dun, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete