Thursday, June 4, 2009

Last birthdays, "being," and old friends.

My mom and I went to Naic, Cavite last Sunday for Tita Nila's birthday. Of course, we had several stopovers. First we went to Tita Elvie's because we'll be riding with her and Kuya Gil. Then we had to stop over at Tita Sitang's in Dasma, Cavite to pick her up as well. I haven't been to their house since high school, huwaw. Anyway, after Tita Sitang had finally prepped up, we made another stopover in Indang so Tita Elvie can show us the house she had built there, plus she told me that she was adding balcony. When we got there, the house was beautiful and simple, but the balcony totally ruined the entire facade. Well, the idea of a balcony would be fabulous, but it would work if it wasn't blocking half the front of the house. Oh well. Off to Naic then. Love the sound trip, which was Bob's selection. Songs of Parokya ni Edgar, beginning from their first album to their last, haha. When we arrived, Kuya Totoy was in the kitchen, finishing the palabok he was making. He was mixing it all up in this one huge palanggana (sp?) that was as big as the dining table, hahaha. Then for presentation, he took this cardboard box, cut up the bottom, covered it with tinfoil, and put the palabok in there. Hahaha, how's that for presentation? And there's no problem cleaning up. As it turns out, that's what they all do in Jeddah all the time.

My nephew Joshua (Kuya Nonong and Ate Mads' son) was on a sugar rush the entire afternoon. Super hyper kid that even I couldn't keep up with him. Ate Mads then explained that he had too much chocolate ice cream earlier, which explained why he wasn't allowed the extra icing on Tita Nila's birthday cake, hahaha.

It was a swell birthday, because it was an opportunity for my mom and her siblings to get together again, since there were only four of them still living right now. Yes, I said WERE. As of this morning, Tita Nila had passed away after having an attack while she was on a trip to Tarlac with Kuya Totoy, Ate Neneng, Kuya Nonong. May God bless her soul.



During a script reading a few days ago, an actor enjoyed inserting his own adlibs. Of course, another actor (and self-appointed AD) pointed out that his adlibs weren't necessary considering that they were mostly cuss words which weren't appropriate for a period film. After a little discussion, the first actor finally said, "Eh 'being actor' ako eh."

Hearing this, I started asking around about Stanislavki's method, plus other schools of acting. Cindy lost me when she vaguely mentioned "becoming" as opposed to "being." Maybe I should read that little blue book a second time. Or Cindy, could you send me a copy of your paper? Hahaha.



It's always fun to see old friends again, especially if it's at some place you used to hang out in several years ago. While I was taking a break from drawing yesterday morning, I was exchanging messages with Rosa about how I got in touch again with RA, her former blockmate in DLSU who became my blockmate in CSB. RA and I were chatting on Facebook the day before, as I was inquiring about the instructional DVDs on magic tricks that he was selling. As it turned out, RA's also back in school as well to finish his degree. Anyway, once I left the SDA building at almost noon yesterday, I briskly walked to the main building, craving for some Pao Tsin (never mind that I have to endure a super long queue, as long as I get my craving, hahaha). While I was walking along Leon Guinto, I decided to buy a drink in Mini Stop (because the drink I had in mine is cheaper there than in the cafeteria). To my surprise, RA was standing there right in front of Mini Stop. Hahaha, and to think that Rosa and I were just talking about him earlier. It's so great to find very familiar face from the old days, hahaha. After all these years, it seems like he still hasn't changed.

Went to visit the Atlantis office after my dose of Pao Tsin. Coolness, they finally have the big TV set up over there. And I love Ate Sally's pretty little laptop. Hahaha, funny that htey just had to quip about our old 3 o'clock habit. Darn, I miss those days. Of course, the usual chitchat (plus gossip, hehe) with Lawyn. And I just had to say hello to this little creature.

Hahaha, hello Little Trekkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment