Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Midweek.

I was channel surfing yesterday afternoon when I chanced upon this spelling bee on ESPN. I got fascinated when I saw one of the kids spell out a word on his number card with using his finger. You could hear his nail scratching on the surface of the card as he spelled out the word that was given to him. Then this other girl used her finger as well, spelling it out on her palm before she started spelling. Each kid had a unique quirk as they went about spelling word after word. One of the girls even made witty patter as she killed time when she was given a difficult word. ("Look at the time on the clock." "Yes, it's a very pretty clock.")

Hahaha, the whole thing reminded me of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. These kids really take it seriously. And they were all super smart. The girl who ended up in second place never even flinched during the entire competition until she missed her final word. The boy who won even mistook the word "numnah" as "numbnut" during an earlier round, hahaha.

Oh, by the way, for those who haven't watched the run earlier this year, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee under Atlantis Productions, will be having a limited repeat on July 3 - 12, 2009, at the Carlos P. Romulo Auditorium, RCBC Plaza, Makati.


I suddenly miss the Make Believers. Never mind that I only spent a few days with them. It was such a blast working with them. Haha, I overheard Lesley and Christina musing about a Make Believe class for adults, and my ears perked up at the idea. Maybe this would be the chance to work on that little class that Lara, Dingdong and Patton and I were planning to do but never pushed through.

Speaking of Lara, I remember she once texted me last December and told me that she drew out a Tarot card for me. It was the Wheel of Fortune. A sudden change of fortune, she had said. May be good or bad but brings growth and a new phase of life. Hmmm...


I can't wait to go back to the music studio after June 10th. Need to brush up on solfege, even though I haven't gone far. My solfege book's getting dusty, waiting to be opened again.


I have a chance to go to Bataan for 5 straight days next month, but it means having to miss all the Virgin Labfest 5 festivities during its first week. Arg. Decisions. I want to go and check out the ancestral houses they mentioned, but I don't really want to miss certain Labfest events! Oh well.

5 comments:

  1. huhu... i wont be able to catch the second run of spelling bee. boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you're Universal FLAH! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've tried watching those espn spelling bees. it really scares me that those kids take it very seriously.

    ReplyDelete