Friday, May 15, 2009

Late update again.

I haven't updated since Songs For A New World had closed. Hahaha, because of those 2 weekends of having to wear black semiformal attire for front-of-house (aside from that one time we had to wear white due to the showbuyer's request), it was a challenge mixing and matching all my black clothes, considering that most of my black stuff are jeans, pants and loose shirts that were only meant for backstage work. Haha, one time I ended up transforming a black and white tube top into a short skirt because the top made me look fat and I ran out of skirts.

It was a short but sweet two weeks manning the front of house with Peachy and Claire (and Peachy's pink "pocket" calculator), but I have to admit, I miss working in the lobby back when I was still in Atlantis. It was fun meeting the people, and of course, people-watching. Plus we can watch the show whenever we want. And I just love my new batch of ushers and their own crazy moments. The word "flah" keeps repeating over and over in my head, thanks to Joms. Claire's FOH training in Atlantis was a big help for Peach and all her tickets that haven't been separated, that we felt disabled when Claire had to back out on the last day at the last minute, ahahaha. And of course, I will never forget the day Peach and I encountered the "Amazonistas," HAHAHA. Those were awkward moments, indeed.

On SFANW's closing day, I flew to CCP after the show to watch the Rehearsal and Performance Techniques Workshop recital, Oktubre, Nung Tayo'y Nagmamahalan Pa by Tony Perez. I arrived during the 2nd scene of the first act. Hahaha, I didn't recognize Opa onstage, with her back facing my side of the theater plus her newly shaved head. Anyway, I love their show. I love their material! Hahaha, Sir Dennis just had to rub it in that Betty and I regretted not joining this year. Arg, I miss workshops. Especially RPT, because every class would be pretty fresh because you always encounter a different play and a different attack. Well, I only took the class once, but that's what I realized. Hindi factor dito ang kung ilang beses ka nag-workshop. Hope to join again next year, ahahahaha.

Last Wednesday, I met up with Nikki in Glorietta. She was on reserve duty, and found out that she didn't have to fly that day, so we met up for lunch. She found me at one of my usual posts in Timezone, ahehehe. Man, I missed that girl. Anyway, after lunch, we decided to watch a movie, and she managed to let me drag her to watch Star Trek with me because I was dying to see it. And man, I was so glad we saw Star Trek. I love love love it! Of course, the "reboot" (Aris' term) was an interesting idea as an alternate prequel. It was also thrilling to see Leonard Nimoy back as Spock. It was cool to hear "Live long and prosper" again, as well as the whole "Space, the final frontier" speech.

Haha, I remembered an age-old debate back in high school between Rosa and Iam comparing TV series, Star Trek included. I remembered Rosa mentioning that the idea of the cellular phone came from Star Trek, because of all it's crazy gadgets. It entered my mind when I saw the tricorder from this most recent film release, because the tricorders did look like Motorola phones, hahahaha! And of course, eye candy in the form of Chris Pine and Zach Quinto didn't hurt, especially for those who are not really into Star Trek.

I want to watch this again. And also Angels and Demons, hahaha.

Met up with Betty for lunch yesterday. Haha, ended up having lunch with her and her boss Karen at the Visual Arts department in CCP. Not really surprised that Karen has worked with at least a couple of my former teachers. After a little film viewing on Betty's laptop, I went downstairs to the prop room where Tad and Kuya Noel were having a little chat. I was pretty surprised to find a computer inside the prop room. Why? Well, I did hear that the TP office was being renovated, but a computer in the prop room? Hahaha. Plus I heard that Labfest ASMs were being interviewed that day plus the day before. Ooh, may interview portion na pala ang ASMs. They really have to screen all ASMs before the work begins? Oh well.

Declined an opportuniy to work with Tuxqs for a 2nd time. Regret. Sadness. But I sure hope we'll get to work together again soon.

Does anyone know when the Virgin Labfest 5 auditions will be? And if they'll still hold it for 2 days? Ahahahaha.

I want to go back to Saizen, hahaha. I'm running out of shrink plastic, and I want to make necklace pendants and earrings and stuff. Of course, this time I'll be ready for that darn pedestrian overpass in Edsa-Ortigas. My goodness, when I went to Robinson's Galleria on that day I first when to Saizen, I wore a short dress because of the darn summer heat. (That, and because it was easy to pack in my bag once I had changed into my FOH attire for SFANW.) I didn't know that they had already put up a pedestrian overpass so people won't have to cross under the flyover. And this was the type of overpass that terrified me because of the stairs that you can peek through as you climb up. Oh acrohphobia, why won't you go away? Then of course, there's my dress to consider. I didn't know what to think of first, my fear of heights, or the peekaboo moments due to my short skirt. I struggled with both at the same time the whole time I was going up the stairs, all the way until I had descended on the other side of Edsa, AHAHAHAHA.

How about you? Yes, you. The one reading this. How have you been?

2 comments:

  1. I ALMOST SPENT EVERYTHIIIIIIIING I HAD ON SAIZEN!
    (Yes, caps lock necessary.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahahaha, I forgot to warn you. =P

    ReplyDelete