Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Updating after a few days of not touching the computer.

I haven't been online for a few days, and I feel so disconnected already, hahaha.

So Songs For A New World opened without a hitch. On the day of the preview, I flew from the south to RCBC and immediately found a couple of my ushers in the lobby, trying to fix all those banners with weird standees. It took us about 2 hours to fix those darn standees because almost all of the holes on the tarp seemed as if they don't fit with their respective standees. We ended up improvising with masking tape, and then put away all the extra tarp because there were too many banners for the lobby space that we had.

We had cocktails and a photobooth set up in the lobby, so I spent the entire preview with some of the ushers gobbling up cocktails, chugging down wine, and playing around with the photobooth, hahaha.

On Friday, I went with my mom and Tita Lorie (my dad's cousin who's visiting from San Francisco) to Megamall as they took advantage of the huge sale. Pfft, in the department store, it took us over an hour just standing in line at the cashier because of the huge foul-up by the management. SM Department Store, please keep in mind that managers and supervisors must be easy to reach to void certain purchases, especially during big sales such as this.

Flew to RCBC after a happy P25 purchase on a collection of Ibsen plays, hahaha. This time it was opening night of SFANW, so we're also armed with more tickets to be purchased, plus souvenir programs, and of course, Peachy's glittery cash box. Hahaha, our rule was that if we lose some money from the cash box, all we have to do is inspect everyone's hands if they have glitter on it, hahaha!

We were one usher short since the preview because Teena got reassigned to the projector, so I ended up as one of the ushers in the orchestra section during opening night. Peachy was manning the tickets at the FOH table anyway, and Claire was there as well, helping sell programs. After the show, we had a sponsored dinner at Trellis in Market Market! Yay, sisig time, hahaha.

Nemesis rehearsal on Saturday, and we were sort of a mess, ahahaha. After a few runs, we got Ian to check up on us, and of course, the prime note was our lines. We continued rehearsal the next afternoon, with Opa's friend Carmi there to serve as another pair of eyes. Things were finally falling into place, yay. After one last (Italian) run, we went to Batute to watch the Children's Theater workshop recitals. It's always amusing to watch Tad and Paolo's class. Super adorable kids. Their kids' recital was back-to-back with Marj and Riki's Chilrdren's Theater class, which was separated into 2 groups because that class had a lot of students.

Arg, I think I got food poisoning from the chicken sandwich I had that evening, because I started feeling really sick when I got home. I tried to sleep it off but I ended up hurling in the bathroom at around 2 in the morning, and again later yesterday morning. Spent the entire day in bed and ended up not going to Nemesis rehearsal.

At least I'm finally feeling much better today. Now gearing up for a long but productive day tomorrow.

2 comments: