Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tagging old photos.

To quote what Jhoi had written in her blog, "Memories are the only things that don't change when everything else does."

I found a bunch of dusty old CDs in my room while doing a regular summer-ender cleaning. They contained a whole bunch of back-up files of various stuff, but mostly photos and word documents, dating back to over 5 years ago.

There were a whole lot of photos during the years 2003-2004, mostly during my groupie days right after Dreamgirls had closed. So many photos triggered a lot of fun memories, so just for kicks, I decided to post the photos on Facebook, tag all the people and see how they'd react to seeing all those photos again.


Hahaha, the barrage of comments started coming in, all of us laughing at what we looked like before. I couldn't help but laugh at Peachy's comments about hating her photos with her braces still on, plus how different she was back then (way, WAY different). Tricia even made an effort to untag herself from the photos I tagged her in to... avoid humiliation? Hahaha! Anne and I even ended up looking through our old blogs to reminisce. Holy kamote, we were such... well, I would really have to admit that there was a point that we became crazed fans (though no one would actually admit it), even though some of us were already friends with the artists before their career began to rise.


I haven't heard from most of these people in ages. People who were once strangers, just random usernames that I see online in YM, online forums and blogs, and they became real friends that I grew very close to. Until we grew apart due to different schedules, interests, or opinions, or just because of certain issues that we got involved in that we now dismiss. It was great to hear from all these people, even just through all those crazy comments that still add up right now. Peach and I were texting about how our hindsight is so crystal clear now. Lexi and I were chatting on YM last night, amazed at the fact that we hang out at the same places all these years but never run into each other, not even once, hahaha. We're thinking of getting together one time next month when school resumes. Tita Sherbet even said that all things are pointing to one direction... an already pending reunion! Hahaha! Jill even commented that she kept seeing Dandan in a whole bunch of photos, but we haven't heard from her in about 5 years. Thank goodness for post-paid cellphone numbers that never changed, I managed to contact Dandan early this morning!


Oh, the powers of memories that photographs bring is truly amazing. Oh, days of "abanikos," forum addicts, staying up and online until 6am, crazy YM conferences, EB's, inner circles and "gangs." I missed you guys. It was so great to hear from you again! See you in Greenbelt! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment