Sunday, January 23, 2011

Randomness, just to update.

Wow, this is only my 2nd blog post for the year? I can't believe I don't blog as often anymore. I guess I've just been looking for more things to blog about before I sit down and start typing away.

Nothing much has been going on, really. But one thing I liked about beginning this year is that there are more things to look forward to, there are more goals to set, and well, more expectations of myself.

Lara did another card reading and pulled out a card for each of her friends for this year. I got Judgment. She recently sent me what it meant.

You're more free to make decisions and are transforming. You take account your past actions and know better. By revaluating and reviving, you drop your old values to embrace new ones. Accept things they way they are.

Make choices without blaming others or yourself. You have a new insight into how you handle your relationships. It is fine to shrug your shoulders and think 'what's the point?' This is your chance to start afresh, let go of the past and stop feeling guilty for your actions.

Interesting. Part of it is already true, which is creepy. Or maybe I'm just rationalizing things again. But so far, I like how 2011 has been for me.

I like that I've been reading more books right now. I didn't really count it as a resolution. I just liked the change. I did skip a Sunday Solitaire last week, but more on that later. I'm just glad that I've been hungry for books to read lately. Plus thanks to my LJ friend Aisa, I received 2 books in the mail last Monday. I saw a list of books in her blog that she had read in the past year, and I a couple of them caught my eye. When I commented that I was curious about those, she offered to send them to me, and she did. Thank you so much, Aisa, for letting me indulge in my more-than-2-decades-old hobby, hahaha.

Anyway, about skipping Sunday Solitaire, I opted to go to Peaberry last week instead of Starbucks, and I ended up hanging out with Aris and Karla during the early part of the evening, then later with Erik until closing time. I love days like these, just spending the evening talking the time away with good food, drinks, and the cozy ambiance. It's also good to know that I have more friends that are in my vicinity.


It's sort of awkward to have a teacher or a professor become your co-worker or colleague (though it's not too weird and happens all the time in our industry). But what's awkwardly funny is having your colleague become your teacher, hahaha. Yun lang.


I love hanging out with random friends and talking about the most mundane things. This past week was no exception. I found Anna, Isab and Russell off to an audition for a thesis film in CSB last Wednesday, and we ended up having dinner plus dessert in the area, talking about having your own country, crazy currencies, sovereignty (yes, pa-deep muna), actors equity in the country, to crazy new names for actors' networking sites, gang names, and pop-up bills for money, hahaha.

Another similar occasion was yesterday (as I write this post). After work, I had nothing to do but I didn't really want to go home just yet, so I went out with Faye, Julie and Meeko for lunch at Greenbelt. At first, we had no idea where to eat, but after a freaky cockroach experience before we ordered at the first restaurant that we decided on, we decided to change and walked directly to Conti's. Crazy conversations galore, and we ended up in various stages of food coma by the time we were finished with dessert.


A new week is starting. I wonder what's in store this week.

4 comments:

  1. Haha, thanks for reading, Carlowww. Ako naman, ikaw ang miss ko. =) Sige, will blog more to update you. Especially for next month. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe. miss you din! madaming happening next month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Korek ka diyan!

    Carlowww! Tad's playing Didi sa first Saturday and Sunday ng Zaturnnah!

    ReplyDelete