Sunday, January 23, 2011

Spontaneous Sunday.

After mass this morning, I decided to go to the CCP area for two purposes--a different branch for Starbucks solitaire, plus I wanted to talk to Paulo about getting tickets to Zsazsa Zaturnnah's run next month, as he wasn't replying to my texts (he later said that he didn't have load, ahehe). The TP Actors Company has a 3pm show of Anatomiya ng Korupsyon anyway, so for sure he'd be there.

I arrived pretty early on purpose, so I could just sit in Starbucks with my tea latte and read my current book du jour (it's currently "Seeing Redd," book two of The Looking Glass Wars trilogy). Gino, Rayna and Kat appeared much later, so when they headed back to CCP, I walked with them, as Gino had said that Paulo was already there in the lobby. I finally got to talk to Paulo about the tickets, and then killed lots of time in the lobby. With a bit of teasing and prodding, I ended up watching Anatomiya up in the gallery of Batute along with Riki and Russell, hahaha. Which is just as well, because when I first saw their recital, it was just a TDR without a curtain call. Congrats again, you guys!

I left almost immediately after their show, and upon boarding a bus that was headed to ATC, I decided to call Lara about Noelle's gig in the evening, which she had texted a few days ago. So another spur-of-the-moment decision, I headed to ATC instead of going straight home, as I haven't seen Noelle perform live. Lara said that her siblings will just meet me there, as she was already with Noelle.

Haha, Johmie immediately found me when I had just arrived at Corte de las Palmas, where the gig was, so I sat with her, their Kuya Jorhez and Brandy. Lara later joined us, and because of the crowd, we didn't have enough seats, so we put the seats together and managed to make us all fit, hehehe.

It was a pretty good mall gig, as Noelle really did make good rapport with the crowd. Her musical prowess on the harp was amazing, so I'm hoping to catch more of her gigs in the future.

To sum it all up, today's spontaneity made my day. And it's only the beginning of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment