Sunday, May 20, 2012

Hello stranger. I owe you an update.

My everyday routine had been altered ever since I started taking dance classes. I don't really mind. Heck, I don't even mind commuting to A Venue at noon to make it to a one o'clock class.

As I'm Ian's only student who attends the class everyday (yes, I never missed one day of his class), he appreciates the commitment and instead of giving me just the basics, he focuses on my technique little by little. And with that, he moves me into the same lessons with his advanced students, Abby and his dance partner, Ate Helen. Bernard, the jazz teacher, also attends our class twice a week. And to add to the pressure, Ian wants me to dance in the recital, and yes, also with the advanced students. Yayks, pressure.

I guess I lucked out being the only regular student in the afternoon class, so sometimes it's just Ian and me, then a teacher from another class would sit-in (like Bernard, and sometimes Copper, Clang, and Joie). And because they could easily pick up what was taught, I had to make the extra effort to catch on as quickly as they do. I was a little overwhelmed when it first happened, but I started enjoying the fast pace.

It's also flattering how Ian would say that Ate Helen keeps telling him about my improvement every time she comes to class. I can't really tell how much I've improved, but it's actually encouraging, hahaha.

We've been mostly tackling the Latin dances, then yesterday, we suddenly covered the basic waltz and tango. I could still remember a bit of the waltz when I attended that one-hour ballroom session in Pasinaya (but it was 5 years ago!), so when Ian had asked if I already knew how to dance the waltz, I had mentioned that, plus the old basics back when I was in 7th grade. He could tell that I had prior knowledge based on my form when he danced with me.

I've used up all of my units from my first enrollment, and I've just renewed my class "passport." I guess I really want to keep doing this and join the recital, but I sure hope I can still get to dance even after the summer is over. Unfortunately, with 2 projects already lined up for me this season, I won't be able to have that much free time on my hands. But of course, I'm still hoping there would still be an available schedule for me.

I'm really grateful that I found ballroom dancing again. I did learn from Ate Helen that it's pretty expensive to learn, especially when you're in competitive dancing like she is, but I guess for now, I just want to learn because I really do want to. Maybe the competitive dancing part will come in later. Maybe not. Plus dancing at least an hour a day really does give me such a happy disposition. I'm less moody, less emo (hahaha), and I'm hardly bothered by the bad vibes that would usually upset me before.

And this is where my update segues, haha.

I went to a production meeting with Sir Chris and the PM and SM staff of Stage Show last Thursday afternoon at the TP office's little conference room. I knew my former flame's current girlfriend would be there in the office because she was an intern, and I had expected there would be some sort of awkwardness in the air for me. I realized that it didn't really bother me as much, but I had noticed in a way that my presence had somewhat bothered her. The fact that I was there, that I was still working with the company, that I was pretty good friends already with the friends that she had made, that I was still in possible contact with her new guy, and even the fact that our hair was almost exactly in the same short cut. She had left the office the same time I did with a couple of our common friends from the office, and she just ran off in the opposite direction without a nod to them.

Anyway, the fact that it didn't bother me at all that there was a new girl in one of my best friends' life actually surprised me. I was actually happy for him. It made me appreciate him more as a friend, and as an ex-boyfriend, because I knew all that effort, all those shoutouts, were really his style, even when we were still in our early courtship stages. It was actually pretty sweet of him. Now I'm just hoping he'd get his act together, considering this girl is still pretty young. Plus I did hear from a couple of people that he still had photos of the 2 of us together in his iPod. Not a good assurance to the current girlfriend, tsk.

Anyway, that's enough for an update. Time to get rid of a blister that resulted in breaking in my new dancing shoes yesterday.

How is everyone, anyway? Please do leave a comment if you still read this blog. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment