Monday, July 15, 2013

An appropriate (?) spur-of-the-moment lecture.

Typing this on the desktop of the Magallanes house while the rest are scattered around the living room.

I had meant to blog about our performances these past couple of weekends, plus when I had watched TP's Sandosenang Sapatos at the CCP yesterday, but this afternoon had just inspired a (sort of) brand new blog entry.

When we were still just waiting around last Saturday afternoon before we had to perform at UA&P, Mommy Val decided to take advantage of the time to continue her long overdue lecture from way, way back. Interestingly enough, it was about relationships of all sorts and all ages. At first she started off with the younger kids, the teenagers... and then when we were to move on the the next age bracket, we were suddenly called to go on stage for our stage adjustment. I couldn't help but laugh at the funny timing because there's a couple of kids who could be put on the spot regarding their shared situation.

Well, surprise, surprise, I'm here at the Magallanes house right now with Mommy Val, Myrone, Carmela, Alvin and Joms, and after a short snack, I started arguing with the boys about not watching Evil Dead, then Mommy Val suddenly decided to continue her lecture on relationships.

I don't know if it was because it was the combination of the company present or what, but it was hilarious that it was us. Mommy Val talked about respect in relationships, be it romantic or professional and all that jazz. Then she mentioned that she may know our present situations, even if we tell her or not.

Now that got me thinking. What the heck does she know about me? And curious that I am, what does she know about him? And if neither one of us had told her anything, what does she notice about the two of us?

Anyway, I liked all of her points about respect for the other person, and for being professional. Regardless if you like the other person or not, you must respect him or her because you will never know that there may be at time that will come when you need to come to that person for something or anything.

Very interesting, indeed.

I do have my own issues with the other person, and I admit that. But sometimes it annoys the hell out of me that he makes it seem that I'm always the one in the wrong, that he himself is not doing anything wrong at all. Dude, you also have your own issues, and even the simple gesture of not greeting me as you greet everyone else in the room is a sign of disrespect of me. But I guess that's you own way of dealing with the situation. And I guess I have to respect that, jeez.

And I don't know if that was just a joke or what... But did I just hear the words love triangle? Who was Mommy Val trying to pinpoint?

Oh well, I guess we all have to learn to deal with all our little issues with each other because we all still have to work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment