Sunday, September 29, 2013

An update before this month ends.

I haven't blogged in almost a month? Wow. Am I that busy? Well, sort of.

So I've been dedicating more time with Lebran these past several weeks. We've expanded and have more venues right now, as we had opened up classes in Metrowalk's Ultimate Fitness Gym, and at the dance studio in one of the residences in South Forbes Park. Aside from keeping our current corporate accounts, we're also trying to get hold of more to expand our client base.

And with that, I keep learning to build my confidence in teaching, after being certified as a Lebran teacher last month. Whenever Myrone or Jayson come in late for their assigned morning classes, I had to learn to cover for them by beginning the class with a few dances, and sometimes I even complete the 1st half of the class. There was even a time when I was challenged to do the entire class when Myrone came in late one morning, and asked me to do the second half as well because his foot was sore. It happened again when he called in sick, so I was tasked to cover for his assigned evening class. I have to admit, I actually surprised myself for somewhat surviving those classes, because there were times when he and Jayson would push me to complete the whole class, but I would always decline, claiming that I'm tired when I'm actually afraid to do the whole thing, afraid to make a mistake.

Leading those classes for the entire full hour was a little victory for me, a good sense of accomplishment, to show that I can actually teach a class on my own without having anyone else to bat for me.

Now that Lebran is expanding, especially with us new certified teachers, we've been wearing "official" vests and jackets for classes. We started small, like purchasing vests and jackets in our corporate colors of blue, fuschia and green, then having the Lebran name embroidered on the back. I ended up getting this pretty hot pink Nike jacket that nearly everyone wanted, plus a nice blue jacket with sequins on them.

One Saturday, during our lecture time, Mommy Val and Sir Brando were telling us about the distribution of jackets and vests among us certified teachers, and someone (I think it was Abby) noticed that I was wearing the pink jacket. Mommy then said that my good attitude was what got me the jacket, because she said that I was very unassuming. While everyone was eyeing the good vests and jackets, including that pink one, I just held back and let everyone pick while I waited what was for me.

I just had to blush when Mommy Val went on about me, telling the entire team that I actually do more than what they think I do, because even during the first Lebran pictorial, I was there helping them out.

In other news, I was one of the top agents that were the "Best of the Best" in our account at CVG. In line with that, we got to go to an overnight outing in Fontana in Clark, Pampanga just this past weekend.

I was glad to have a change of scenery for a while. It didn't really bother me much that it was also raining so much in Pampanga. I actually enjoyed my stay because I got to bond with fellow part-time agents that I don't even get to talk to whenever I'm in the office.

There really wasn't much to do when we were there. After lunch during that first day, we retired to our rooms and just spend the rest of the afternoon holed up inside our villas watching TV. I shared a room with Kat, Mae and Mitch, and because of the lazy rainy weather, we sometimes said out loud that we wish we didn't have to go to the awarding and recognition event that evening. But of course, we still had to dress up and go.

After breakfast the next day was the most eventful, and it wasn't even part of the itinerary. After taking the bus back to our villa, my roomies and I went to the villa where our other fellow CAS agents were staying, and basically just hung out there. We began just by talking, and then when we gathered a small group along with the boys (staying in the next villa), we ended up playing Pinoy Henyo, charades, cards and even hide and seek plus a crazy little relay game. We kept at it until we were told to pack up and get ready to be picked up for check-out.

It was so ironic that the sun started shining when we were leaving Pampanga. The sun stayed until we arrived in Makati, but then eventually gave up and it started raining again by the evening. But at least we still got a few hours of sun during these crazy rainy days.

Back to life again tomorrow. A new month is coming up the day after. I wonder what the new month will bring? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment