Saturday, August 1, 2009

A visit to an acoustic gig.

It's been ages since I went out to watch a movie in the cinema. Yes, I know, I am a loser. I actually forgot the last movie I saw that wasn't on DVD or downloaded or even indie or whatever. So I went to ATC by my lonesome late this afternoon to catch The Proposal.

I had just purchased my ticket when I found a flash of pink looking at me from those seats in the middle of the cinema area. Hahaha, it was Gary, wearing a shirt that was the same shade of pink as my blouse. He was with Ria and Micko, and they had come from Treasure Island rehearsals. Ria had also mentioned an upcoming production of Pippin in Zobel, which prompted me to think of "Magic To Do," a song from the musical that Gary and I had sung in the first Trumpets Playshop showcase in Alabang. Man, 10 years had actually passed since then? Wow.

After the movie, I decided to dawdle in ATC, as I didn't really want to go home right away. Jill had mentioned Sabrina's gig at Italianni's (a tie-up tour of Italianni's and 96.3 Easy Rock, I believe), so I walked in that direction. Hahaha, while I was in the middle of walking while texting, I suddenly ran into Christine, a YFC sister from CSB. I had forgotten that she had worked with Sabrina and Tita Sherbet (who's managing Sabrina) several times before, including this event, hahaha. So Tine invited me to join her at her table up front closest to the stage where Sabrina was performing her first set (which is actually just a platform outside Italianni's near Fish and Co.). She invited me to eat as well, but I was still kind of full from the Burger King meal I had devoured in the cinema.

I had texted Tita Sherbet that I was there at the gig, and as it turned out, she was on her way as well, so I decided to stick around and wait for her. When the 1st set had ended, I finally got to meet Sabrina when she, Tine and I went inside the restaurant for a while to talk. She was actually pretty sweet as her voice had sounded.

Tita Sherbs and Tito Sunny had arrived sometime at the beginning of the 2nd set. Man, it was so great to see them again. I think the last time I saw them was at Podium 3 years ago. And it was another mall show of another artist. Hahaha, it's been ages since I actually hung out at gigs like this, and I don't know why, but it sort of felt funny (weird) to find myself there again after I had phased out of that groupie phase. But I got more comfortable when the Ilacads had arrived.

After the 2nd set, I actually went to buy Sabrina's album. Tita Sherbs also introduced me to Sabrina's mom, and that was when I found out that this young lady is also a theater major. Wow, coolness. After a little theater talk, Tito Sunny then went to talk to the band (music majors naman sila, no surprise there, haha), so Tita Sherbs and I started catching up on each other's news. Ahahaha, I had no idea that Glenn has a new band. Tita Sherbs and Tito Sunny have been waiting to meet my boyfriend as well, as the last guy they had met that I dated was a fluke. Hahaha, adoptive parents ko pa rin talaga sila. That's why I love them, hahaha. We are still hoping for that reunion, which will most likely be at another gig, hahaha. Hey, walang pakialaman, that was how all of us met, so I'm game with that. Hopefully we'll find a gig with a venue that's central to all of us, then after that, it's time for me (hahaha, ako talaga ang contact ng lahat eh) to start texting the gang again.

Jill had called Tita Sherbs, and I got to talk to her as well. It was great to hear Jillie's voice as well. Hay naku, dapat matuloy yung Greenbelt gig, hahaha.

It's great that I still get to meet up with the friends I don't constantly keep in touch with lately. As for the rest, I hope we get together again soon. Yes, sa inyong mga nagbabasa nito na tagal ko nang hindi nakakasama (from whichever circle of friends), hope we get our chance soon.

10 comments:

  1. Amen, amen.
    Although really, all I'm usually waiting for is a text from you. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, it's either wrong timing lang siguro or the venue's kinda far. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. whaaaa. what happened na ba kasi sa reunion natin sa makati. can they do an italiannis greenbelt gig or better yet italiannis-rob manila gig! tapos magkita tayo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Di nagiging available lahat eh, rawr. And yesterday was Sabrina's last Italianni's gig. Ang sabi na lang ni Tita Sherbs na if the postponed Greenbelt gig will push through, let's have that as our get-together. =) Mas madali kasi in Makati kasi central na siya. =)
    Naman Lexi, ang lapit lang natin eh, I'm just in Vito Cruz! Let's meet sometime in Starbucks Harbour Square! Wachoo doing Wednesday afternoon? I get out at noon kasi, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. im at duty na! :P working at the hospital now... 7-5pm ako ngayon nakaduty eh. :P dinner at rob nalng!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sama ako! Pero after the bar na, hehe. Crunch time na kasi ngayon. Last chance to cram. See you guys October/November! Heehee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, pwede! =) What days ka naman off?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tricia! Maski one day lang this month! Baka meron kasi sa Greenbelt eh, hahaha! Puh-lease? =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. parang better mag communicate ng text. haha.. basta dinner - game ako. wag lang sana ngayon na bumabagyo ah. :P mahirap ata pumunta ng rob na nililipad ako ng hangin kahit ganito ako kabigay. haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, sige sige, palipasin muna natin yung bagyo. Nilipad na ako kanina habang nasa CCP lang ako eh, hahaha. =)

    ReplyDelete