Thursday, August 13, 2009

Random: On old and new friends.

I haven't done a real blog in quite a while, so while our supposed make-up class doesn't seem to be happening right now, I might as well use the spare time here in the computer lab.

As usual, because I don't blog often, I still have my trusty notebook with me for random thoughts on the go, so this entry will be another potpourri of randomness.

Last week, while I was online on Facebook, Nicco messaged me out of the blue during the wee hours of morning, saying that he saw the video of Our Town (our Beginning Acting workshop recital) again. He said that when he saw that video, it reminded him of how things were for him before--optimistic and passionate in the craft. After a little chat, I also wished that there were some things, thoughts and emotions in our life that we could also bring back as easy as sense memory.

For some funny reason, my chat with Nicco that night reminded me of that last episode of 'Kada Kwento. Hahaha, malamang, because he's part of the series. Anyway, I had told him that I liked the "Session" episode because it talked of having new friends while keeping your oldest and closest friends.

Quoting the voice-over of the lead character: Kahit gaano ka pa kilala ng mga pinakamatalik mong kaibigan, minsan may mga darating pa na ibang tao na magpapakita sa iyo na ang bago tungkol sa sarili mo. Maaaring sila ang magpapakita sa iyo kung saan ka magaling, at kung gaano ka kagaling. Pero sila din ang magsasabi sa iyo na may mga bagay ka pa na pwede mong ayusin. Dahil hindi pa sila nakakahon sa mga inaakala mong limitasyon mo. Dahil sa totoo lang, yan ang rason kung bakit tayo nakikipagkaibigan. At kahit matatalik mong kaibigan ang mga nakakakilala kung sino ka ngayon, minsan ang bago mong kaibigan ang magpapakita sa iyo kung anong kaya mong maging.

Something like that.

Tama nga naman. You always learn a lot of different stuff from the opinions of both old and new friends.

I still have a bunch more to blog about but the thoughts suddenly flew out the window because of a long talk I had with MA here in the lab just now, hahaha. I'll blog again later tonight.

2 comments:

  1. haaaaaay. wala lang :)

    i opened my cellphone's message archive last night and pulled out a message you sent me...

    "you know someone is a true friend when you are about to break down and cry but they will say the most stupid and most random thing just to see you smile"

    *thumbs up*

    thanks for the random texts kahit na madalang tayo magkita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. =) Hahaha, nabubuhay naman tayo minsan sa randomness eh, hehe. =)

    ReplyDelete