Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Theater meme.

Got this from a recently added LJ friend.

List the last 10 things you saw at the theatre in order:

Huwaw, let's see now...

1. Dead Stars 1925 / Sepang Loca (UP Playwrights Theater, UP Diliman)
2. Doc Resureccion: Gagamutin ang Bayan (Virgin Labfest 5, CCP)
3. Asawa/Kabit (Virgin Labfest 5, CCP)
4. Kitchen Medea (Virgin Labfest 5, CCP)
5. The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee (Atlantis Productions, RCBC)
6. Breakups and Breakdowns (Virgin Labfest 5 reading, CCP)
7. Songs For A New World (9 Works Theatrical, Onstage)
8. Oktubre, Nung Tayo'y Nagmamahalan Pa (TP Rehearsal and Performance Techniques Workshop recital, CCP)
9. Bent To Heat You Up and Cool You Down (Dulaang Sipat Lawin, CSB)
10. The Children's Hour (PHSA Theater Arts students, CCP)

Who was the best performer in number one?
Opaline Rae Santos as Sepang Loca. Hahaha, fine, if you want something that doesn't seem biased (and it's not, really), it will have to be Ana Abad Santos in Dead Stars.

Why did you go to see number two?
Because the Tuxqs-Lallie director-playwright tandem comes up with really good shows for Virgin Labfest, and because Tad was playing one of the 2 leads.

Can you remember a line/lyric from number three that you liked?
Man, I loved the witty lines in Asawa/Kabit, but I can't seem to recall any.

What would you give number four out of ten?
I'd give it a 7.

Was there someone hot in number five?
Hot? Uhm, Felix Rivera? Hahahahaha! Well, I just had to mention him. Half the people i know are crushing on him.

What was number six about?
The highs and lows of relationships, and it was rumored to be loosely based on Joel's experiences, hahaha.

Who was your favourite actor in number seven?
Oh man, I can't pick just one. They were all my favorites in this production!

What was your favourite bit in number eight?
Hmmm... Favorite bit... I have to say the last scenes with Rayna, RJ and Russell.

Would you see number nine again?
Sure! I hope they're gonna tour it again.

What was the worst thing about number ten?
I can't really say anything bad about this production. Heck, for high school kids, they sure pulled off a good show. OK, fine, I'll have to say that the guy who played the lone male didn't really do justice to his character.

Which was best?
Oh please, don't make me choose. OK, I have to say Doc Resureccion. And I'm happy to announce that it won Ms. Lallie a Palanca award. I just found out last Sunday. Congrats again, Ms Lallie!

Which was worst?
The worst? None, really. But the first time I watched Asawa/Kabit, it was super bitin because it skipped pages of lines. Labfest Fragments ba ito? Hahaha.

Did any make you cry?
Hmmm... None.

Did any make you laugh?
Naman, mababaw ang kaligayahan ko eh. But it's a tie between Spelling Bee and Asawa/Kabit.

Which roles would you like to play in any of them?
Any of the 2 girls in Breakups and Breakdowns (if I only had the voice, hahaha), Mrs. Claus in Songs for a New World, and Rayna's character in her scene in Oktubre.

Which one did you have best seats for?
Hmmm... I liked where I was sitting during the Labfest shows, at the top of the bleachers where you could get a good view of everything (plus you have a backrest). And seating wasn't a problem for Spelling Bee, as there were only a handful of us sitting there watching, hahaha.

6 comments:

  1. AAAHHH I love this!! Snagged and answered in my BlogSpot. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try mo idagdag ang Apples from the Desert/ Mga Mansanas ng Disyerto sa listahan mo. Hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamad na akong i-rearrange yan, hahaha! Manonood pa ako ulit, closed DTR ba naman ang napanood ko, ahehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isama mo na rin ang Amphitryon. DUP production. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahahaha, ano bah, last 10 things nga I saw eh, hahaha. Tapos na. =P

    ReplyDelete