Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Beginning the week.

Last Monday was Make Believe's first day of Creativity Master Class. But because Casa Calixto was unavailable, we had to meet that evening at Merville Country Club.

Braved the service road yet again, and met up with Lara and Sean at 7-Eleven. Was a bit late, because as I'm still not used to the traffic of that road, so I still didn't know how to estimate the travel time it takes to get there.

Headed straight to Le Delice, and the three of us were the first ones there. We grabbed the longest table, and we were sort of obligated to order because of that, hahaha. So Lara and I shared an order of chicken nuggets. Lesley then arrived, then JV (armed with a CD player for Lara) then finally Nina.

Lesley was so funny as she welcomed Sean to Make Believe, because she said that as initiation, he had to spell his name with his butt. To our surprise, despite his hesitation, he was ready to stand up and do it until Lesley stopped him and say that it was just a joke.

Anyway, updates on the classes, like how was the Merville branch's first week was doing, and that our Alabang branch is still accepting enrollees until the next week, as there were only 5 girls who are already enrolled. Sean, as always, showed that he was still nervous, but was assured that Nina and I will back him up. I was also anxious about teaching a class, but of course, I can't show it and decided to go with the excitement instead.

Also talked about what we can bring to the creativity master class, as well as who we can invite to talk about certain fields of expertise, then we moved on to pet projects. I showed them a copy of Last Order Sa Penguin as my pet project, saying that these books aren't meant to just be read by one person, so I mentioned a play reading of some sort, which is one of my own frustrations. Heck, if I can't do a full-scale production, why not a play reading first, right? Ahehehe.

So on with a short overview about the creativity master class, whose purpose is basically to unleash your true artistic potential. I like what she said at one point, which was "Build up, encourage and inspire--don't critique (yet). There will be a time for that." Oo nga naman. There are lots of people who, whenever they see something, magco-comment agad eh. Try to enjoy muna ang nakita mo, and try to understand it first.

Then we did a little activity where we were to draw lines or scribbles on each other's sheets of paper, then pass it to the next person. It's so funny sitting next to Nina, as you can hear the sound of her pencil as if parang galit siya, ahahaha. The sound actually encouraged me to scribble as crazily as she did. Anyway, once we got our own paper back, we had to look at the lines and color in any image that we see. Interestingly enough, I saw a couple of smiling faces among the lines. Then we were told to write words related to our drawings on a separate piece of paper, then we shared what we had with each other.

We finally called it a night after that. But of course, Lara being Lara, we just had to take photos, hehehe. Gossip Girl pose FAIL! We have to re-shoot next week!

Anyway, as excited and anxious as I was about Flickering Lights workshop, I got a text from Lesley last night that the class just got canceled because among the 5 girls that had enrolled, there were some that had backed out. Even though enrollment would still be ongoing until next week, I guess the class had to be dissolved because of how little the class was to begin with. Anyway, Lesley had said that she will follow up something for May that we will be in charge of, and then we will be assigned roles in the Merville workshops. At least there's still something to look forward to.

In other news, our RPT class will be doing Karel Capek's R.U.R. (Rossum's Universal Robots) for our recital. I finished reading it this weekend, and we'll be doing our first assigned scenes tonight. And site-specific na kaagad, ahaha. Interesting play, really, as it's the term "robot" was first coined and used in this piece. It's funny how it was written in the 1920's, yet it reminded me of the rise of the machines in The Terminator movies. Man versus machines, hahaha.

And I just have to add this. I can't pretend that I'm always OK, fine, alright, all that jazz. Ang plastic ko naman kung ganun. As much as possible, I try to avoid any bad vibes or any negative topics of conversation. True, I acknowledge it, but I have to leave it again after that. And for you, I don't think it's immature to say what I had said. If I have a problem with someone, you're wrong when you said that it's just my problem. I have a problem with someone, it should be talked out with that person. So don't tell me to grow up, because that's what I'm doing. Avoiding that is not as mature as you think. Ang rude mo talaga.

No comments:

Post a Comment