Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tuesday shoot.

I remembered running into Sir Dennis at the Cinemalaya auditions early this year, and he told me that he was planning to get a whole bunch of us into his film entry. I got his text on Saturday morning, asking if we would be free for the following two Tuesdays.

Headed to Marikina early on Tuesday morning. I had never gone to Marikina, let alone commute by my lonesome there, so I had to ask Opa how to get there. Thank goodness she mentioned where I could find FX cabs that could take me directly to the location I had to go to. Betty was already there at the market (where our first location for that day was) when I got there. She had taken the same van that had picked up Sir Dennis at his place. Anyway, we were led to the waiting area (which is actually an optical shop) where we could just hang out and have breakfast and wait until we had to shoot.

Rayna was a little late going to the location because the car she was in overheated, so it took her a while to get there. When she did arrive, kamusta naman ang lagi ng bag na dala niya, hahaha. Apparently she dumped whatever option for costumes that she could find into one big luggage.

When we came to the shoot, we honestly had no idea what the story was, and the only thing we knew was the title of the film, plus whatever Carla and Julie would tell us right before we would shoot once sequence after another. All of our scenes were with Miss Irma, who was playing the candidate for mayor, while Betty, Rayna and I, along with Dave and Bernard (who had replaced Tad at the last minute) were candidates for council. We had to wear these bright orange vests and orange caps/visors, and it looked like we were rooting for Villar, hahaha.

During the morning, we filmed the exterior shots and some of the interior shots of the market scenes. Sir Julio Diaz was super kulit but was a blast to talk to and joke around with whenever we would retire back to the waiting area. He kept cracking us up with his jokes and stories. Then after lunch, we did one last sequence in the market before we headed off to our next location in Tandang Sora.

Our second location was this house somewhere in Tandang Sora, probably owned by the elderly couple that we keep seeing walking around the living room. We spent most of the time just sitting in the receiving room, and it was really uber-hot (as it was the whole day). Thank goodness one of our props were useful, as they were fans with Miss Irma's character's name printed on them. They had to shoot some scenes inside one of the rooms while we just sat around, catching a few winks, reading books, or just chatting, as our next sequence to be shot wouldn't be until the evening.

We got to shoot our last for the night sometime during the late evening. There were prop sandwiches and glasses of juice laid out on the coffee table for us, and even though we already had dinner, it was tempting to take a bite out of one of the sandwiches, or even gulp down one of the glasses of juice. When I took one of the sandwiches out with me when I exited the frame, I found out that it was just 2 slices of bread with nothing in it, hahaha! Sana pala yung burger na lang yung kinuha ko.

We were finally allowed to leave after that, so we said our goodbyes. Chrome had arrived almost exactly when we were allowed to leave, ahahaha. Kamusta naman na kanina pa siya hinahanap. Anyway, we got to have food again before we left, so we just took it with us to eat outside (at the Burger Machine, actually). We thought it was spaghetti, but when we took a bite, it tasted like noodles with toyo, ahaha. But it was alright, because I was hungry anyway. We (Betty, Rayna, Bernard and I) hitched a ride with Dave to Edsa, where we took our respective commuting routes home.

The day was a blast, even though there was a lot of waiting, but I didn't mind that, really. What really bugged me was the summer heat. I'm gonna bring my portable fan next Tuesday, like what LJ had, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment