Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lea's "Your Songs" DTR.

Last Thursday, my initial plans were to go with Lara to Marillac but things fell through because of the usual house rules. I was already bummed about not going out that day, and I was still brooding over someone who didn't even try to invite me to some event that was going on that same night. Oh well.

Then I got a text from Lawyn and Claire at the same time, asking if I was free at 8pm that night for the DTR of Lea's concert. Haha, of course, I just had to go. When they said I could bring one friend, I immediately thought of Tin. I asked if she already has a ticket to the concert, and she said that she didn't buy a ticket. So I invited her as my plus one. She was the obvious choice among my hardcore Lea-fanatic friends because the rest can even afford to buy tickets to both concert dates anyway.

Headed to Harbour Square to have dinner before the agreed-upon time of 7:30pm. I was also texting Gino, who had messaged me earlier that morning that he was at CCP for some event. As it turned out, he was still there in the area, along with Vanie and Jobe. Met up with Gino at Jollibee, then followed him and Vanie to Reyes Barbecue where Jobe and their other friend were waiting. Had dinner there until they had to return to CCP the same time I had to meet with Tin (who had just texted that she had just arrived in the area).

It was almost 7:30 when Tin arrived, but she was starving so I accompanied her to Jollibee for a quick bite before we walked to PICC. So many people were already there, but I easily found Claire, Lawyn and Mae outside. They were still waiting for a whole bunch of people which included the Spelling Bee cast, because they were holding their tickets. Waited for the rest in the lobby with Ate Sally, Ate Janine, Kuya Boni and a bunch of others, then we decided to fall in line.

That line was longer than those anaconda-like lines of the MRT stations. It took ages for the line to move, so Tin and I kept chattering away. Minutes later, I even noticed a familiar-looking girl... Marnie? I never got to confirm if that was her, because she suddenly disappeared into the crowd.

The concert began an hour and a half later than scheduled. Well, forgivable, as it's just a technical dress rehearsal. At least Tin and I got to talk the whole time we were waiting. Basta pag si Tin ang kausap, walang quiet moments, hahaha.

I have to say, the show was a blast. I was a little thrown off by the Philippine All-Stars, though. Parang out of place sila. Anyway, the choice of song requests were pretty awesome. As for the contest for getting to sing a duet with Lea, we were treated to watching both winners (one for each concert date), even if it meant hearing the same song twice. I actually liked the first guy better, as the second guy tended to sing like Brad Kane a wee bit too much.

And of course, who wouldn't love having Richard Poon and Ai-Ai De Las Alas as special guests? Panalo si Ai-Ai when she came in as Annie, complete with that balloon dog, hahaha. And the Aegis duet was awesome! It was totally refreshing to hear Lea sing Aegis, plus it reminded me of Mimay.

My favorite guest would have to be the surprise guest in the form of Jett Pangan, hahahaha. I never get sick of hearing "Salamat" over and over again, and when I heard a different voice come out from the speakers and Jett came onstage, I was cheering ever so loudly. Awesome anthem, that "Salamat."

I guess I already sort of expected the song "Defying Gravity" from Wicked to come up along with the rest of the musical theater songs, but it was still pretty good. Hahaha, I was sitting between Tin and Theody and they were both cheering at the edge of their seats, and they were contagious.

Congratulations to Lea! Bobby and Chari too, of course! The show was worth waiting for an hour and a half, and it was a good excuse to hang out with Tin, hahaha! =)

28 comments:

  1. hahaha! sana maraming pera para pwede.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sana lang madaling makakuha ng pera no? Hahaha. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uwi ka na rin, Denise, hahaha! Or sana mag-concert si Lea diyan. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, katuwa, super excited si Tin habang ka-chat ko pa lang siya. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naku, Jeff, alam mo naman si Tin pag magkwento. Super bilis pa magsalita, nakakahawa pa, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sa january pa ko uwi :D at kahit magconcert sya dito...problema ko naman eh ang hirap humingi ng extra day off :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, hassle naman. =( Next year nasa Cats naman siya, sa CCP Main Theater.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oo nga eh. di bale, concert na ni lea dito bukas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yup yup! excited na nga ako eh. di ko lang alam kung "your songs" din ang concert kasi parang nabasa ko iba ata eh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lucky, lucky you! :D
    i remember when i got to watch "my life on stage" TDR also, that was the best! :) you get treated to more songs and a very candid lea. =) swerte nga bec you got to hear more songs hehehe.
    thanks for the kwento!
    the concert was THE BEST! :D so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, I missed naman the TDR to that concert. And yep, that's the fun part of TDR's. It can get informal and candid, as some things are still being tested in front of an audience. I just saw the latest Backstory, and I just found out that they took out some stuff pala after the TDR to lessen the running time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yepyep. And it started at around 9:30 pa, so it ended pretty late na rin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i saw nga lea's comment after tdr na it was over 3 hours long, so they were cutting and snipping stuff. so i figured we'd be hearing a lot less than you guys heard kaya you guys are lucky hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha, I guess so nga. The long wait was downside lang. Nung patapos na yung show, when Tin and I were asking each other what time it was, ang response niya was, "It's time to go home." Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha! read this just now!! it was an awesome night! thank you ate hogi!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehe, welcome Tin! Sa susunod ko na lang ipakilala sa iyo yung friend mo, hahaha! Labo. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hahahaha! si BFF!!! :) sige next time na lang. baka sa Rent. :))

    ReplyDelete