Monday, December 28, 2009

Trio time.

As our barkada's annual post-Christmas get-together got postponed to January, Rosa had decided to move our trio dinner (to celebrate her birthday) from the 29th to yesterday. Considering it was a Sunday, we decided on lunch instead of dinner for more time to hang out together.

Headed to ATC a little before noon, and waited for Rosa to get out after the 11 am mass at St. Jerome. Iam was still on the road, so I decided to kill some time at Hobbes (yes, Carms, I'm thinking of you, hahaha!). After dismantling all those 3D puzzles and checking out all the new versions of old school board games and of course, Jenga, I got a text from Rosa, who said that the mass had finally ended. We waited for Iam at the same entrance, and got an "Eto" text from her. Hahaha, Rosa phone call to Iam didn't make enough sense either, so we waited for her at the parking area where Rosa's car was parked.

Off to Kanin Club in Westgate. There was quite a line so we had to wait to be seated. We sat on the grass outside and checked out Iam's new phone while we waited. Hahaha, now we found out why Rosa got Iam's weird "Eto" text. We also borrowed a menu so we can already decide on what to eat before we get a table. Aligue rice, sinigang na hipon and crispy dinuguan. Yummm. I have never eaten dinuguan all my life because of the fact that it was made from pig's blood. But crispy dinuguan is a pretty good first experience. My goodness, having a second serving of the aligue rice was a mistake, hahaha. But it's still the Christmas season, so it's alright, ahehehe. Thank you, Rosa!

Headed across the street to Bona Coffee for caffeine fix after the dose of cholesterol we just had. Took advantage of the free wifi so we can test more of Iam's phone.

Funny chat with Aris (Iam typing, Rosa and I looking over her shoulders):
Aris had just said that the outing was moved.
Iam: (typing) Si Rosa ander, si Hogi baka may Rent na. Ako naman wala ata--
Rosa: (interrupting) "--wala ata akong panty." Hahahaha!

Of course, Rosa just had to check out Facebook, and was disappointed that she couldn't play Farmville via Iam's phone. When we had a trio photo taken and tried to upload it, Iam then uploaded it to a different album by mistake, hahaha.

There was also another group of friends in the coffee shop. There was Matt, Jammi... and Chrissy! I had no idea she's back here in Manila! Great seeing you guys!

Headed to Festival Mall after coffee and more chitchat so Rosa can buy a certain pair of jeans for a friend. Window-shopping and a bit of actual shopping all over, then when we were getting thirsty, we decided to head over to ATC. Aris had followed after hearing mass because he didn't want to go home yet. Settled at Food choices and Aris had dinner while we were contented with sipping our drinks of choice. After a little more walking around, we finally called it a night.

Iam and I hitched a ride home with Aris. By the time we had reached the Friendship gate outside our village, I suddenly decided to buy a cheeseburger to go at Peaberry. Ronelli was there, as usual, and greeted me a belated happy birthday before heading inside to have dinner. While waiting for my burger, one of the employees handed me a Peaberry mug wrapped in blue cellophane, saying it's from Ronelli. Yay, thanks, Peaberry Cafe and Ronelli!

Yup, I love days like these that are well-spent with my best friends.

6 comments:

  1. Hogi!!! When can I give my gift to you? Nasisira na yung wrapper sa tagal.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah, oo nga, di pa tayo nagkikita ulit. I forgot to ask you pala. When do we meet again in January? Isama ko na ba yung runner/right-hand man ko or ako muna sa first meeting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg my family was having this huge kanin club craving so we went to UP technohub. we waited for around an hour!! grrr... hahaha. but yeah it's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The waiting was totally worth it, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baka ikaw na lang muna. :) I'll ask Jay. I'll call you soon!

    ReplyDelete