Monday, January 14, 2008

different routine

After two years at Atlantis, it's about time to pick up from where I left off in life. First priority is to do all things necessary to graduate and earn my degree. Hahaha, I remember a couple of friends joke that I had resigned to become a full-time girlfriend, as they had seen me several times in the past week in CCP during Kudeta's tech week. Well, there's that as well. I'm still getting used to all the changes in my daily routine.

Before the new year began, Minette hired me as Kudeta's supertitling operator. Well, at least there's still some dough coming in, right? Sometime during the tech week, I also received a text message from an acquaintance that I had met during last year's Avenue Q auditions, saying that he had recommended me as an assistant stage manager for an upcoming event. My oh my, what a way to start the year. I hope there won't be any schedule conflicts, just in case they do hire me.

Holy kamote, during Kudeta's open DTR last Thursday, I immediately met a little mishap. Near the end of the first act, the darn AVR overloaded, shutting off the LCD projector that was connected to the laptop I was using, sending a little panic to the audience because the obvious smell of something burning filled the Batute theater. Waah. Show must go on. Even though we found another outlet for the projector, I discontinued it during the second act because my translation was still a bit rusty, specially during Chrome's monologue. Well, at least the opening night show went very well. Ahehe, good opening show, lousy second show? Not really. It just skipped the Saturday matinee and carried over to the evening show, just when there are critics and big theater enthusiasts in the crowd. Pfft.

[edit]

I just had to include this, specially because Rosa had brought it up. Sometime before the Saturday evening show (right after the house had opened), I left the theater to go to the bathroom, then went back to my post. While sitting on the steps and talking to Kuya Jerry and Joms, I realized that I felt something weird about my pants. When I put my hand to touch my left back pocket, there it was. My pants had ripped at the seam of the entire left back pocket. Oh no, not another pants episode. Laughing it off, I simply covered it with my jacket (which left me freezing inside the super-cold Batute theater if it weren't for the heat of the projector and laptop) and texted Rosa and Iam. Both said the same reply: "What is it with you and ripped pants?" I guess they were recalling the time when I was strolling through the mall and discovered that my favorite black pants had ripped at the crotch, HAHAHA.

Yes, I just had to include this "Hogi moment."

[/edit]

Haha, even though the English supertitles were only meant for the evening shows, I still went to CCP yesterday so I can watch the Sunday matinee from the gallery. Riki played Lieutenant Chan that day, and there were some instances that he would look in my direction to make me laugh. I did not want to laugh or make him laugh because it would ruin his performance, but I suddenly gave up and started giggling by myself like the loon that I really am. Wahaha, caught him laughing as well during his scene with Tito Mario and Tad. Oops.

After the matinee show, quick dinner at Jollibee for a whole bunch of us (thanks for the free dessert, Russ!) then the AC were off to Mulan rehearsals (they have a special show in Ateneo tomorrow). Because I didn't want to go home yet, I ended up hanging out and talking with Je outside the conference room while waiting for their rehearsal to end. And thanks to him, he gave me an idea as to where I can go for an out-of-town vacation (finally!) this summer.

Went shopping with my mom this afternoon. Basically we were on the quest for the perfect umbrella, which we immediately found in 10 minutes, so we ended up window shopping for shoes and bags. Haha, I ended up buying a pretty canvas bag in the department store while Mom couldn't decide on anything. While we were walking around the mall, we found a sale in one of the stores, and I finally found THE blue jacket I was looking for. It was on sale at 60% off! YAY!

One more thing that I'm busy with this year is my brother's wedding. Holy kamote. At least we got a whole bunch of things already figured out.

10 comments:

  1. Let us embrace the changes, my friend, and hope they don't drive us crazy. Wahahahaha! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taray, pa-deep ang comment! HAHAHAHA! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much YAY! Well...except for the pants thing. Haha. I'm glad things are looking uuup. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorrrrry di ako nakapunta nung sundaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow...hehe... very happy new year wahehehe! see you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha, daya mo. Joke! Miss you, haliksusu! =P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nood kayo ng Kudeta! Hehehe, see you! =)

    ReplyDelete