Monday, January 21, 2008

this past weekend

I should've gone to CCP earlier instead of killing time in Netopia last Friday, hahaha. By the time I arrived at the TP office, there was a big meeting of the staff plus the Actors Company, so I couldn't really barge in there to get Ms. Yvette's laptop and the LCD projector. It was already 15 minutes before seven when the meeting had adjourned, so I rushed in, grabbed the laptop and projector, and sped towards the theater.

I was in quite a panic, so I didn't get to setup the projector well. The house had already opened and the laptop still couldn't detect the darn projector. So when did the supertitles start? When it was already 15 minutes into the second scene, hahahaha. Even though I finally got the supertitles up and running, it was comforting when Minette had offered to let me use her brand new laptop for the Saturday evening show.

Saturday was day one of the Cinemalaya auditions. I was having second thoughts about trying out. Ended up just staying and hanging around with Cindy, Gino and Dax while they waited and waited for their turn. I ended up getting bored sitting around at the top of the stairs, so Gino and I caught caught up with the matinee of Kudeta. We arrived a few minutes before the end of the first act and sat in the gallery, then we transferred to downstairs to the first row next to Major for the second act. Gino then left after Tad and Riki's shootout scene to go back up to the auditions while I stayed and finished the show.

During dinner, Paulo immediately handed me Minette's laptop. Found Minette with the projector right after I had eaten, and immediately went back to the theater to set it up, just in case I screw up the settings again. By the way, Mang Roger had transferred my post next to Chynna, yay. At least that way, I won't get trampled on by audience members. Hahaha, talk about brand new. Minette hadn't even taken off the plastic covering of the laptop, hahahaha. And to my relief, the setup only took a few minutes. I had the supertitles up and running, and had time to get coffee, let Riki run through his speech during the execution scene (he always gets the numbers wrong), and say hello to Carlo, Iam, Ge and Rosa in the lobby.

It was a pretty good show, and the audience was pretty receptive. Hahaha, I think I even caught Rosa as the only one laughing during one very lame punchline, hehehe. My clique pretty much enjoyed the show, yay. Haha, Rosa had claimed that I had "perfect timing," because after I had returned the laptop and projector to Minette and found them in the lobby, they wanted to have a photo taken with Chrome, who was already surrounded by "fans." I guess they were too shy to ask Tad or Chrome himself, so I immediately pulled him to one side for Iam and Rosa's photo op.

OK, so I finally decided to try out for Cinemalaya yesterday. One regret was that I should've auditioned the day before, hahaha. Oh well. Because I managed to sign up early, I got to finish up early and got to catch Kudeta's matinee. Sat next to direk Floy half the time, all the while listening and exchanging side comments, hahaha.

After the show, the cast and crew went off to Icebergs for dinner, courtesy of Sir Floy. Because our table was so long, our side decided to cook things up a little bit, thanks to the Lollipops (Tad, Riki and Chrome) plus Tito Mario. HAHAHAHA! Then before people started leaving, it was time for Laly, Lili and Popsy (yes, still the very same notorious trio) to put Sir Floy in the hot seat. That interview was hilarious, hahaha! And thanks to Russell's camera, we all got it on tape. Thanks for dinner, Sir Floy!

I wonder what's next when Kudeta closes. Darn it, I'm still hoping for that next project to push through. I doubt that anyone will tap my shoulder for EJ.

I haven't seen a movie in ages. I want to watch Sweeney Todd. And maybe Alvin and the Chipmunks, hahaha.

10 comments:

  1. Ah, theater life. Pfff. :p
    Sweeney Todd is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. waah audition na ba ng cinemalaya? hmm. gusto ko mag try...para masaya :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rawr, tapos na. Nung buong weekend yun. O_o

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salamat! Pero asus, wala akong chance, hahaha. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hogi dapat nung audition mo kumot lang ang sinuot mo para kakaiba ang dating mo. Wehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAHAHAHAHA! Naku, sana pala tinanggal ko jacket ko nung audition! =))

    ReplyDelete