Saturday, January 5, 2008

first update of the year

My goodness, I'm been slacking off on my blogging, hahaha. I stopped writing as frequently as before ever since I was bombarded with lots of things to do before 2007 had ended. So just to update...

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hogi Hall get together at Rosa's house. There were lots of excuses to throw the get together. First was Rosa's homecoming after a year in Switzerland, it was also the day of Seph's birthday, plus it was a post-Christmas/pre-New Year reunion of our clique. Because it was a potluck thing, Tad had came over to my house before Kudeta rehearsals so he could help me whip up something for that evening. We came up with Paolo's recipe for tuna pasta. And for some pulutan that will match the sisig, Tad made his longganisa with mushrooms and added an extra zing to it. Too bad we forgot to buy some young corn when we went shopping that morning.

After Tad had left, Aris had picked up Iam and me and drove us to Rosa's house. One by one, people had started arriving while most of us played pusoy and munched on nachos with salsa and bread with pesto. Pretty soon we had discovered that most of us had brought pasta. There were at least 4 kinds of pasta on the table, hahaha! Holy kamote, there was a lot of food that it was as if we were going to eat there for an entire week. We also had yummy chocolate fondue that Rosa, Iam and I had prepared in the kitchen (cutting up apples and bananas) and dining room (just watching the chocolate melt).

It was always a welcome sight to see the barkada. There was Rosa, Iam, Aris, PJ, Seph, Mon, Josh, Gonx, Paco, and May who was back from Turkey! RIght after the fondue was done, Aris, Iam, Mon and I picked up Tad from Mount McDo and finally the gang was complete for the night. Talked the night away ranging from the mundane, trivial to the pa-deep and serious topics. And thanks to Rosa, I got addicted to Mudshake, hahaha. My golly, we talked and talked until the sun rose, literally.


Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve. Just a pretty quiet day, then Tad had come over (Dad had invited him for New Year's Eve) and he was our designated cook for the steak that night, hahaha. After an evening of fireworks and Mom's banging of drums, it was time to dig into the food. Hahaha, Dad had even accidentally spilled wine over an entire plate of pancit while he was telling us (for the nth time) the story of how much wine he had ordered during one plane trip to Jeddah.


Tuesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Day was my turn. Tad and I left for Fairview for his family's annual reunion. My goodness, the supposedly long trip was pretty quick during the morning because the driver of the FX we were riding was acting as if he was the king of the road from Taft Avenue to Fairview. We went to his Tita Amy's house first, then while the rest of the family piled up in the car, Tad and I walked with Tita Amy to his Tita Vicky's house a couple of blocks away. Holy kamote, we had only arrived after 5 minutes and I was already overwhelmed by the number of people inside the house, hahaha. And then when it was time for lunch, it was as if every inch of the kitchen had food. Tad and I were holding two plates each, hahaha!

Spent most of the afternoon in the garage with Tad and his cousins, just talking and joking around over drinks. The food still kept coming, and it felt that we were eating the whole day until the evening. I was slightly buzzed from the drinks, but good thing I was mostly sitting down. But of course, I slept during the entire ride home, ahehehe.


I had dropped by EJ's callback auditions yesterday evening. Hahaha, I listened to several renditions of The Dawn's "Salamat," outside the MKP and chuckled along with the callback auditionees as we listened to everyone else. It was great to see Gino again! Superfriends that we are, I was always there during his auditions in TP that he had passed. See you at the auditions for new AC scholars, dear! Hahaha!

Was greeted with annoyance late this morning when I found out some news is being passed around about me. Jeez, if you want to gossip, get your facts straight, please? I had never said anything bad about you, and it pisses me off is that you're spreading something about me that's not even true. And to think that you're family, for goodness sake. Damn it.

Hay. God bless you na lang.

4 comments:

  1. Wow naman. Cook pala itong si boyfriend. Ikaw ba marunong magluto ha? Wehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hindi, wahahaha. Kaya nga buti na lang andyan siya. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kailangan makatikim kami ng luto ni boyfriend. Wehehehe!

    ReplyDelete