Sunday, January 27, 2008

spur of the moment... "Tuesdays" on a Saturday

This afternoon (technically yesterday), I had no plans of going anywhere except bum around CCP even though there were no supertitles during the matinee show. For the most part, I just wanted to be there early because it was exactly four months since Tad and I first got together. After a quick lunch before his call time, I had told him that if I wasn't watching the matinee, I would probably park my bum on the couch in the Main Theater lobby and read the book I brought with me, or take a nap.

I was just standing around the entrance of the Batute shortly after the house had opened, and I saw Minette come over. She said hello and then told me that she was going to watch Rep's Tuesdays with Morrie  with Carlo and their friend PA that very afternoon. Rawr, I was dying with envy because it's the show's closing weekend already, and I didn't get to see it. And if ever, I had planned to see it Sunday (technically today) before I had to meet with Tin. Minette suddenly invited me to come along with her, but I told her that I couldn't because of "personal reasons." But after a quick text, I was suddenly in a cab with her, on our way to Onstage Theater, Greenbelt. Hahaha, hey, it was only for an hour and 45 minutes, I thought. We'll get back by the time Kudeta's matinee show is over.

Carlo, who had no idea that I was going with Minette, had already bought tickets for the 3 of them, so I had to fall in line to buy my own ticket. Because we were still at the end of the line, there was this lady who approached a bunch of us (me, Minette, and the 2 girls in front of us whom the lady thought that we were also with). Just my luck, as it turned out, that lady had two extra tickets with her that she was willing to give away for free, because two of the people she was supposed to go with had cancelled at the last minute. It was in the same section as the tickets that Carlo had bought, so I took one of the tickets, while one of the girls in front of us took the other one. To that anonymous lady, thank you!

I had read Tuesdays with Morrie a few years back when a friend of mine from YFC-CSB (was that Moi or another guy friend?) had lent me his copy of the book. I loved the book that I read it twice, and it moved me to tears both times. Same goes with the play. It made me laugh with all the witty lines, it made me cry, and it made me laugh and cry at the same time. I loved every minute of it.

After the show, we had a quick dinner at Oody's (with me checking the time all the while). Hahaha, because we had dinner in Greenbelt, I let Tad use my food stub for dinner. Anyway, after eating, Minette and I hopped on a cab and flew back to CCP. Hahaha, the show was at 8pm, and we got there a few minutes past seven. Hauled the projector and laptop from the TP office, and I managed to set up and focus in record time. I guess the shirt Sir Jay had gave me totally fit me. "If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done." Hahaha.

Got to meet Tad's friends, Kathe, Ana and Tec (sp?) after the show. We got to have some coffee time with them before heading home. Hehe, those girls remind me of Rosa, Iam and myself. Or even Nikki, Misch and Mimay, in a way. Hope we get to hang out with them again longer.

Rawr, I haven't seen Sweeney Todd yet. A lot of people have been raving about it. Saw Alvin and the Chipmunks already though. Pretty corny with all the "We're family" stuff, but still cute. Heck, I was a big fan of those chipmunks as a kid, and they still look adorable. Saw it alone last Wednesday, as I had no one to drag with me, so I managed to get in a few games of Percussion Master right after the movie, hahaha. By the time I was already on the way home, I had realized that I had forgotten that that day was the annual Daisy Avellana tribute show in CCP. And I missed it. Darn it.

Off to bed. Tomorrow's a different day. Yay.

4 comments:

  1. Na-miss ko din yun pero para namang makakapunta din ako. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, napaisip ako at first kung ano yung pinag-uusapan mo, kasi kasama naman kita sa Onstage. Hahaha! Sayang, 2nd tribute na ito na napalampas ko. Rawr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen Sweeney Todd either. Busy-busyhan pa yung movie partner ko eh (aka Lawyn) so mukhang DVD na lang ang maabutan ko. Unless palabas pa sya sa Festi. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Showing pa rin siya sa Festival Mall, hehe. I checked yesterday, pero sa 2 screenings lang sa evening, rawr. Eh ang aking movie date ay malayo pa ang tinitirahan so sa Makati na lang kami nanood kagabi.

    ReplyDelete