Saturday, April 5, 2008

Chef To Go

Dyown had sent an email over a month ago in hopes of being featured in QTV11's Chef To Go. The show then responded and agreed to feature her and the rest of the BFFs, as a post-birthday celebration for her, hahaha.

They were supposed to shoot the episode a week ago, but because they couldn't find a venue, it was postponed to this week. Unfortunately for us, everyone was only available last week, so the ones who made it this week were Dyown, Zee, Micah and me. Nar was supposed to come as well, but because he was "not in the mood" (quoted by Dyown), he didn't make it. Plus he had finals that day. So Dyown managed to nab a couple of her guy friends, Jojo and Billy, to join us.

Met up early yesterday morning at Starbucks in Shang, then off we went to McDo near Quezon Ave to meet with Arlene, Dyown's contact from the show. It was a pretty long wait, so we managed to grab breakfast before the service picked us up. Then it was off to Meycuayan, Bulacan.

The shoot was at Alessandra's, which was the very same venue where Rosa's friend Trina had her wedding reception. Too bad I didn't get to go up to where the infamous pre-nup photo was taken, hahaha. Anyway, we were told during the car ride as to what will happen, but even then, I had no idea of what will really happen because I'm not really a fan of television (well, except for American Idol). As it turned out, our chef for that particular episode was the not regular chef but Marvin Agustin, hahaha. And his special guest was Miss Earth 2004 herself, Priscilla Meirelles from Brazil. Who? Hahaha. It's obvious that I'm not also a fan of these beauty contests.

Anyway, we were then briefed by the director of what will happen. Basically it was a themed thing. Latino "party." Latino food, mostly Cuban. Then we were going to dance a little samba. Huwat? No wonder we were told to bring skirts. We were then introduced to Mikko, the designated dance instructor. We had a pretty equal number of guys and girls, as we were required to be, but then Mikko had to be paired with Dyown the birthday girl, so he asked who knew how to dance. Everyone pointed to me because I was a sucker for ballroom, so I was the one left without the partner. Nyak, so what was the use of keeping us an even number? Hahaha. I swear, ang labo ng mga tao all throughout the day. A little later, after we were dressed in our appropriate skirts and dresses, we found out that we needed more "bongga" dresses in the finale. Huwat? The only information I got was to bring rehearsal clothes and a colorful skirt, so that's what I did and that's what I told the director. What he was hoping for as rehearsal clothes pala were skirts pa rin. Jeez. Kung gusto niyo ng ganun, eh di sana naging specific kayo.

Then as the entire thing progressed, it turned out that we were only served as background while Marvin cooked the food. Not only background, but we were supposedly rehearsing for a samba dance number that will serve as the finale. If it weren't for the BFFs, I would've have done this, hahahaha. But don't get me wrong. I love learning ballroom, but dancing for about 5 hours (even in intervals) drove me crazy.

It was actually cool learning the samba, which is very similar to the cha-cha. It was difficult dancing without a partner, so I just mirrored everyone's moves. After shooting the first part of the dance, because Mikko noticed that I managed to pick up quickly, we got to do little variations while they shot the cooking scenes with us in the background. It was actually fun having a dance partner who can lead well. He said that I can easily read his hand and wrist movements as to which direction he wants me to go, which was mighty good compliment for me, hahaha. Holy kamote, I was the one who got uber-tired of dancing. All those variations got me dizzy from all the twirling. But all that twirling made my skirt look pretty, hehehehe. I hope some of that was on tape, hahaha. It would make up for the part when one of my sandals flew off (hopefully only a handful of people noticed, hehe).

Darn it, I want to dance ballroom again!

Anyway, eventually we all got tired of dancing and "rehearsing the dance" in the background so we sometimes ended up just talking and joking around in between dishes. Every time Marvin finished something, he would call our group to the table so we would sample it, then we had to give our comments and stuff. First was this drink called the Cuban Libre, which was some iced tea with some vodka or some other mix. Hahaha, after the toast, Marvin was the first to say, "Ang tapang!" Second was tomato soup served in a shot glass, which was pretty yummy (reminiscent of gezpacho), but Dyown gave the famous "Is this mint?" punchline, hehe. (It was actually basil.) Third were fried potatoes with some cheese filling, and all of us were filmed one by one, giving our comments on that. This is where "Fluffy" and "Just the way I like it" came in, hahahaha! The fourth was some sandwich that I didn't really appreciate because it tasted too sour for me, which I was to polite to say. I don't really like pickles and mustard, and those were the ones that had the dominating taste. But the dessert made up for it (Priscilla's favorite part as well as mine), which were small orange pies that was kind of tarty.

Hmmm... I wonder if I could get the recipes for the soup and the potato-and-cheese thing. I forgot what everything was called, hahahaha.

My feet were killing me by the time the shoot was over, and I was so tired by the time we got back to Manila that I didn't make it to my workshop class. Rawr, I missed a lot.

Betty was the one who didn't make it to this evening's class, so I took over her place, as they had an assignment to act out part of a scene in Ang Mga Propesyunal, as an exercise in objectives. Arg, darn that speech pattern.

The merged beginning acting class and acting in musical theater class got dissolved. That's too bad. I got to watch the latter part of their class last Wednesday because our class got out early. And their class seemed promising. We got to absorb a couple of the students from that class. I'm not sure about the 2 others yet.

Yay, it's the weekend. At least I have 3 days to work on that first assignment for Tuesday. Character profiles for the 3rd year in a row, but on to the next level, hehe. At least there's more time to read and re-read the script.

27 comments:

  1. Wooo!!! Nasa teevee ka na!!! At sumayaw ka pa!!! When is the airing? This Sunday ba? I shall watch!!!! :D

    Sayang hindi si Chef Rob yung nagluto. He's a cutie. I crush him. Wahahaha. Obvious ba I watch the show. Ahehehe.

    Hogi, Hogi... pa-autograph!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di pa namin alam kung kelan yung airing. Hahaha, maski yung Chef Rob (na crush pala ni Dyown) hindi ko kilala eh. Hindi na ako marunong manood ng teevee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... okay lang. I watch every week naman eh. So hindi makakalampas sa akin yan. Must figure out how to record. Youtube na ito!!! Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... okay lang. I watch every week naman eh. So hindi makakalampas sa akin yan. Must figure out how to record. Youtube na ito!!! Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ew. Wag na. Puh-lease. Panget yun. I swear. Sabaw.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i thought you were gonna cook...
    oh well, kahit napagod ka, okay na yon.
    samba is a love dance for me. i miss dancing tuloy. hay.

    buti na lang, pinakain kayo. hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nyak, me, cook? Delikado ako sa kusina, hahaha!
    Aliw nga eh, ang saya pala ng samba. Since kasali ang grind sa variations, tinuruan din ako nun, hahaha.
    Aysus, once the cameras stop rolling, binaba ko na agad yung sandwich. I think yung inubos ko lang dun was the potato-and-cheese. Pero yeah, pinakain pa rin naman kami aside from what was on the episode's menu. Buti na lang.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ay! Kung hindi kayo papakainin, balian nyo na lang ng buto si Marvin. Hehehehe!
    Mas masaya magstart ka magsayaw ng Lambada bago mag-Samba. Tapos Hiphop. Tsaka Samba. Hehehehe! Naaaliw nga ako e. Pag may time na ko, makapagsayaw nga rin ng...


    Itaktak Mo :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. "it's so fluffy...."

    thanks, Hogi for doing this for me.. :)

    i had so much fun. it wouldn't be like that if you guys, weren't there..

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHAHAHA! Panalo ang punchline mo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Same here. Kayo talaga yung nagpasaya nung day na yun. Familia Zaragoza ba naman, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha.. according to Zee, tayo daw ang mga utusan sa Familia Zaragoza.. at ayaw nyang pumayag na asawa nya si Jojo. Hahaha.

    Thanks, talaga...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, mga utusan, tapos tayo pa yung mga nakaupo sa bench dun sa pic.

    Asus, no prob. Kaya nga BFF eh, hehehe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahahah.. pang - Mara Clara nga ang sepia pic natin. Hahaha.

    *hindi ko pa ma-post yung pics natin during the shoot, hindi pa kasi alam ni Ms. Arlene if next Sunday i-air yung episode natin. Hahaha. Baka ma-preempt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehe, sige sige. Oo nga naman, baka nga ma-preempt. Abangan na lang ng public kumbaga, HAHAHA. Yak, ang feeling. Sabaw ako dun, I swear. Parang aside from Mikko, ako ang sumunod na pinawisan, hahahaha! Kaloka naman kasi yung mga lintek na variation niya.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahaha.. oo nga, eh.. Mas nakakahiya ako, mare.. feeling birthday talaga, di ba?! wahahah.. Samba-samba. Hahaha.

    in fernez naman, kayong dalawa talaga ni Mikko ang may effort to dance.. Hahah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wahaha, ayus lang yun no. May karapatan ka kasi birthday mo pa rin daw, hahaha. Nyak, effort. For show lang yun! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Korek. Happy birthday ulit! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hay naku, atleast kayo may mga sandals! hahaha! e ako??!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha! Ayus lang yun, Juday! =))

    ReplyDelete
  21. First of all bakit ba kami naging mag asawa ni Jojow sa Familia Zaragoza eh diba amo ko sya?

    Next, nakakatawa yung pinaggagawa natin nung araw na yun parang ayaw ko sya mapanood.

    Next, Cadlum, sineryoso nyo ni Mikko ang pagsasayaw! Bongga!

    Next, Yung infamous potato dish at orange pie lang din ang nagustuhan ko!

    Next, ANG SAYA SAYA SAYA!

    Tara email tayo ulit tas sana si Rob na yung chef! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  22. First, si Dyown ang nag-cast sa Familia Zaragoza. Nakikitawa lang ako, hahaha!
    Next, ako rin, parang ayaw ko mapanood. Ahehe, sana di nakuha yung lumipad kong sandal sa footage.
    Next, syempre ballroom yun! Minsan lang ako makahanap ng magaling mag-lead na partner, hahaha.
    Next, masaya yung potato eh. If ever papanoorin ko yung episode, it's to get the recipe for those.
    Next, SOBRANG SAYA NGA!

    Sige, game. This time, ikaw naman ang may birthday, hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete