Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Back to workshop mode.

Yesterday was the day when I felt that summer has officially began for me, hahaha.

I made a quick stop at school for manual (igh) encoding, and to my dismay, 2 classes closed on me. Darn darn darn. I guess I have to do course adjustment. But that was easy. I was in and out of the registrar in 10 minutes. It was still pretty early, so what in the world was I going to do next?

Off to CCP, hahaha. Tad was teaching the Children's Theater 1 class with Paolo, so I went to lobby and bugged Paulo and some of PAD's OJTs at the registration table. Ms Nikki dropped by every once in a while, and some time later I found myself listening to Paulo, Alex (one of the OJTs) and Ms Nikki's conversation about religion and philosophy, all because we found out that Alex was a seminarian.

Met up with Tad for lunch when their class ended, then after a while, I joined him at the gym. Hahaha, that's because he said that beginning yesterday, he'll start working out to lose weight. Naks. Anyway, while he was lifting weights, I checked out the rest of the equipment and decided to try out their treadmill. Holy kamote, an old fashioned treadmill? It looked pretty scary to use because it was the "manual" (?) kind (haha, I don't know how to describe it). I might fall flat on my face and slam it on one of those metal cylinders under the belt, hahaha. But I tried it anyway. A good run for 15 minutes.

Hung out in the lobby when he was done, and we even got into a little chat with Sir Jethro. But because it was Tito Jun and Tita Tessie's wedding anniversary, Tad had to leave a little while after that. So I went with Paulo to the TP office so I can finally pay my workshop fee.

A little past five, I went to the buffeteria to grab an early lunch before our workshop class had to begin. Found Roeder there, and gave me the usual quip when I told him that I had signed up for Sir Dennis' class. When I joined some of the AC at their table, I found out that Mayen was going to be teaching with Sir Dennis, yay, hahaha.

Mayen, Bong and I then headed to the MKP, mostly because Bong wanted get some sleep, haha. Mayen and I were still in high hopes that we would reach the student quota so our class wouldn't be dissolved. I was pretty optimistic the whole day because I had this feeling that some people were just waiting for the last minute to enroll.

Yay, by the time class was already in session, there are 11 of us in attendance, with another student who'll be arriving next week. 12 students. Not bad.

We did a supposedly cold reading (first day pa lang, pero hataw na ang karamihan, hahaha) of Ang Mga Propesyunal by Bienvenido Noriega, Jr. Sir Dennis had already chosen a play before the class began, but when he saw the number of males and females that our class had (there were 3 guys and 8 girls), he quickly got another play for us to read. Discussion of our first impressions of the play right after a 10-minute break. Holy kamote, as it turned out, this play will already be our recital.

"So when do we work on our voice, our body, etc.? What's the name of the class again? Rehearsal and Performance Techniques."

Smiles and nods all around the table. That's why there was a prerequisite of prior acting experience.

I guess I made the right choice of taking this class.

Now, back to homework.

17 comments:

  1. Ooooohhh... tume-technique ka na ngayon. Yebah. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, korek. Eh pare-pareho na lang ang tinuturo sa workshops eh, no matter what company you go to. Unless you take it a step further, I guess. Yun ang takot ko noon hanggang bago magsimula ang class kagabi eh, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sabay kami ni Gino pumuntang Vito Cruz from UP! hahaha! Go Hogi! Make me Proud! Go for the GOLDilocks! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so envious. and just thinking about the blog entries you'll be posting in the following days and weeks makes me want to kill myself. die mimay, die of envy.

    kelan ang recital? bwahaha, maabutan ko to por sureness. parang last year ren. pagkauwi ko, puntang ccp para manood ng recital. nyahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am proud. Very proud.
    YAY HOWGEE!
    xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ate Hogi!
    OMG, buti ka pa makakapag-workshop for this summer.. =c
    ako, siguro after 2 years pa ulit.. grabe!
    naga-advance lecture na kami for some major subjects + duty.. huhu..

    kelan recital???

    ReplyDelete
  7. waaaahhh... hogi! inggit ako! hmmmp. ehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hindi ko binasa ang buong blog na ito dahil tulad ni mimay mamatay ako sa inggit. :( I misssss tp and ccp!! :(( nung iniisip ko nung isang araw it was not really bad pero ngayong nakikita ko ang blog na itooo. nalulungkot ako na wala ako sa workshop kahit masaya at exciting ang OJT!!

    PS. Ang taray nung pangalan ng class!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oo nga pala, nanood ka ng play niya sa UP!
    Hahaha, labyu Nar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, April 30 ang recital. Aabot ka! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Next time, join ka! Maski after 2 years pa. I love your voice and I miss your singing! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rawr, bakit di mo na tinuloy yung musical "cheter"? Konti pa lang ang students sa class na yun eh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. grabe.. that would mean, din ako uuwing lucena..hahaha. patay.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yan nanaman ang mga comment mo na di binabasa ang blog, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete