Friday, December 24, 2010

First half of the Christmas week.

Last Sunday was CEAA's Christmas party (themed "A Hippie Christmas") in TGIF Glorietta, so even though I wanted to sleep in after a night with my high school friends, I had to go to our office after lunch on Sunday to meet with some of my teammates for our performance at the Christmas party. I got there half an hour late, but even with that, only Rae and Jammie were there.

We ended up staying all afternoon in the nearest huddle room, blocking, choreographing and rehearsing the performance, plus making the simple props that we needed. Thank goodness Dang was there, in need of a place to plug in her laptop. That way, she can surf to her heart's content, and at the same time, play DJ to our team, ahahaha.

When we finally thought we were ready, us three girls (Rae, Jam and me) changed into our clothes and started prepping up for the party. Ahehe, because of my choice to wear a bandanna around my head instead of the usual strands of beads that half the girls wore, I ended up looking more like a gypsy instead of a hippie, ahahaha.

Anyway, the party was actually a blast. I heard that during last year's Christmas party, only four teams performed. This year, all the teams came out sort of competitive, ahahaha! Thank goodness we decided to perform first. Ayan, star pa si Jammie, nyahahaha.

One thing that's so funny with a couple of the TLs (the most competitive of them) was that every time they see me, they would quip, "Ah, si Hogi, nasa theater yan. Baka magaling ang group ni Jammie sa sayaw." Ahehe, can I just say, just because I work in theater doesn't automatically mean I'm a good dancer. Oh well, that's what stereotyping can do to you.

Because of the celebrations during the weekend, I felt as if I lost an entire day on Monday, because I had an annoying migraine and slept the entire day away. And because I was sleeping the whole time, I forgot to eat, so when early Tuesday morning came, I suddenly had dizzy spells before I started getting ready to meet with Rosa. Thank goodness I managed to gobble down some breakfast before setting off.

So on Tuesday morning, I invited Rosa to join me for Carlos Celdran's "If These Walls Could Talk" tour in Intramuros. She invited Mickey along as well. My goodness, because of the crazy traffic jam along South Superhighway, Mickey was the one who got there first, and we were an hour and a half late for the tour. Thank goodness for Mickey's constant texting, we managed to catch up to where they were.

I have to say, Carlos' "Walk This Way" tours are the best. I manage to eavesdrop on the beginning of his "Living La Vida Imelda" tours a couple of times because they always begin in front of the CCP Little Theater lobby gift shop, and because I always hang out in the LT lobby, where it's located, I sometimes try and pretend to be part of his crowd... until they start moving to another venue, ahahaha. Anyway, the Intramuros tour is one that you really shouldn't miss. Despite the fact I was still sort of feeling dizzy when we were still looking for where they were so we could catch up with them, I felt much better after a while, and got so captivated with all the things that Carlos had said. You could pick up so many interesting bits of trivia about Philippine history that you will never find in history school books. And it will make you give more than a second look at Manila, and end up beaming with pride because you are Filipino, no matter how mixed up like the halo-halo we can be.

After the tour, Rosa, Mickey and I headed to SM Mall of Asia and had lunch at Jatujak. Then we went to Toy Kingdom to help Rosa look for Christmas gifts for her godchildren. It's been quite a long while since I set foot and immersed myself in a toy store, so I had quite a time checking out the toys that Rosa was considering for Martina. This one toy freaked me out, though. Aside from the lifelike dolls and interactive character toys, I saw this one monkey. The "try me" sign instructed to put the banana he was holding in one hand to his lips, so I did. To my shock, his lips suddenly moved, and it totally creeped me out because it was so lifelike. Ooooh, you toys shock me.

Anyway, today is Christmas Eve. Only a few hours to go before Christmas. Only a few more days before the new year rolls around. Year-ender entry coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment