Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Just another random update.

For some reason, I still can't believe how fast this year flew by. I sometimes catch myself checking the date every once in a while, and doing double takes because it's already December. Seriously, it's almost Christmas? And I'm turning another year older? Ahahaha.

Time really flies. And to think that it's already my 6th month at my part-time job, while looking for other projects in between. (And by the way, if anyone out there knows any other projects during the rest of this month, please don't hesitate to let me know, hehehe.) I want to be more optimistic for next year, but of course, there's still that little ounce of me telling me to be more realistic. But still, I want to spend more time next year doing things for myself instead of for others. I have to learn to be selfish every once in a while. I spent way too much time, especially these past few years, being too nice.

Anyway.

In other news... (Why do I keep saying that in my blog entries these days?)

I got to check out the TDR of the TP Actors Company's recital of Anatomiya ng Korupsyon last week. Their recital was supposed to be just for 2 shows, until they got to sell a whole lot of shows to CEU, which means that most of their 18 shows would be exclusively for the school. Anyway, there were only a handful of us who came to watch, so it was really freezing in the Batute. Anyway, I have to say that it was a pretty good choice for a show. It actually amused me to find some real people in the characters that they showed. Some of the minor characters were kind of a little overdone, but on the whole, it was a really good ensemble play for their rehearsal and performance techniques class under Roobak. Of course, someone had to endure a whole of teasing from their director, which I think was a little too over the top already.

After the show, most of us checked out the night market along the side street between the CCP and PDC buildings. Eventually I found Rayna and Kat shopping for clothes that were originally costumes, hahaha. Anyway, after a while, Rayna, Gino, Kat and I hopped on a cab to Makati, as Kat had a dinner date with her family, and Rayna had to go to the optical shop.

After dropping Kat off along Ayala, the rest of us walked to Glorietta. We found out at the optical shop that it was more expensive to have Rayna's glasses made, so we left and had dinner at Food Choices. Walked a little more, and Gino and Rayna made me buy ice cream for them before we had to walk back to Ayala to catch rides home.


On Saturday, I went with Rosa to buy her new DSLR camera after my shift. We met up for lunch at Army Navy in Glorietta 5, then we grabbed a cab to Quiapo, as that was where she was to purchase the camera she had ordered online/over the phone. By the time we got to Quiapo church, it took us a while to find the place, but when we got there, it was pretty much smooth sailing. Of course, because Rosa couldn't wait to get out of there once she got her camera, she forgot to purchase a UV filter. We had to look all over the Ayala malls when we got to Makati, and came out empty-handed. Oh well, at least she managed to find a pretty case for her camera aside from the one she was looking for. Huwaw, before that, it was like a whirlwind tour of all the malls for her, ahahaha.


On Sunday, I met up with Lara, Nina and Kenneth at ATC, as they had a storytelling gig at the Nutcracker show at the activity center. Found them at Jamaican Patties after their first show, then we moved to Food Choices where we can just sit and hang out. Pig-out day for me, because I really couldn't resist just sitting there at the food court and not eat anything. Ahahaha. Even after their 2nd show, Lara and her siblings eventually adopted me and invited me to have dinner with them at Shakey's. Yes, more food. And even dessert at DQ.


Now I wonder what's up next for this week? And what about next week? Ack.

No comments:

Post a Comment