Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Musings during the mid-week.

I really don't get some people, especially some of the male species when they say or ask certain things. I may have had my fair share of relationships, but I have to say that I still feel like a noob or a novice.

I've asked this already, but I guess the answer's already obvious. But just so I can let it out, I'll just put it down here. What does a guy mean when he asks if you're dating someone? And what if that guy who's asking (and sometimes constantly asks when you see each other) is an ex? Is it because so he'll be guilt-free to date you? Is it because so he'll be guilt-free to date other girls? And if he asks it repeatedly, even up to the point of asking who you're dating, what does that mean? Argh, guys can be so complicated. Ahaha, as if I'm not complicated enough already.

Even though I can't believe I've resorted to this, I actually got a good answer in Formspring (don't ask who I asked, but for those who know me there, I guess it's pretty obvious).

It could mean any number of things: 1) that he is secretly hoping to get back together; 2) that he wants to be friends, and is genuinely interested in your welfare; 3) that he might be feeling guilty about maybe having someone else when you don't; 4) that he wants attention because no one is giving him any; etc. etc. The point is, there's no way to know for sure, so it's pointless to try and figure it out. And if he IS interested, don't give in too easily! Remember: there's a reason you broke up in the first place.

Good answer.

But for now, I'm actually pretty content that I can stand on my own, after ending a 2-year relationship at the beginning of this year. I guess that's why I can't seem to believe that the months really flew by.

Anyway.

In other news... (pfft.)

It's like a crush. When I'm near you, I get tongue-tied. I have nothing coherent to say. But I still want to get close to you. And I have to admit, this other guy's sort of cute. Again, emphasis on the sort of. But we really have nothing to say to each other. I don't even think we have anything in common. Oh well.

2 comments:

  1. When a guy asks if you're dating someone, he simply wants to know. Guys are uncomplicated. We say what we mean. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I guess it all depends on the guy, I guess. Some really don't say what they mean. =/

    ReplyDelete