Thursday, September 3, 2009

Friends from different worlds.

I haven't blogged in a week. I'm getting lazy, hahaha.

Early last Thursday afternoon, I met up with Lyn at Coffee Bean in Greenbelt due to some business proposal she wanted to pitch to some (or most) of her friends. I wasn't really keen on those types of businesses, but she said that even though I wasn't interested in it, at least it would've been an opportunity to see each other again, so of course, I still met up with her. Hey, the last time I saw this girl was back in December of 2003, when I was working for Atlantis' production of Urinetown while she and Michelle were there for an event where Nyoy and the Mannos were playing.

Yep, that was the world where we became friends. The "glory days" of the NV&M forum (groupies, haha). Holy kamote. Then we went on our separate ways, sometimes by choice, sometimes sort of forced (hahaha). It was really great to see her again. Huwaw, I've always known her to have really short hair (mostly in bobs) and when I saw her at Coffee Bean, her hair was almost down to her waist and uber-curly! Lookin' great, Lyn! Hot mama ka talaga, hahaha.

After Lyn had to go, I met up with Gino in Glorietta. Hahaha, as usual, we always meet up and hang out whenever he doesn't have work. Super friends as always. Hahaha, it's so funny how we randomly say to each other that we never thought that we'd be friends when we first met each other in CCP, back when he was an OJT for the workshops while I was a first time workshopper under TP. He told me that he first thought that he wouldn't want me as a friend. I told him that I thought he was quite a poser, eh OJT na nga lang siya, hahaha. Eventually we became workshop classmates the following summer and became pretty close. We hung out every night after class and even spent Saturday nights until Sunday morning hanging out in Malate. We got dubbed the "superfriends" because we always go out of our way to make sure everyone's alright, and everyone got home safe, including each other. Gino's actually more of the superfriend than I am, because he's the one who always waits for me while I had to catch a ride back south, even if it takes standing along Taft for over an hour, hahaha.

Ed had arrived from Canada for a week-long visit last week, and of course, our clique just had to see him, so we arranged to have dinner on Saturday night. Hung out with Rosa in ATC during the afternoon, then waited for Ed to arrive. Hahaha, it's so hilarious how Ed manages give simple and wholesome things and phrases a very different meaning just because he's the one who says it. It's also amusing how he's finally in a serious committed relationship (for the first time, I might add). He finally lost the barkada bet, and now only 2 are in the running.

Anyway, after all the crazy talk the 3 of us had at Starbucks ATC, Rosa, Ed and I then headed off to Manong's for dinner. Josh and Seph caught up with us after we had ordered the food. Of course, because Ed's been craving for sisig for about a year, that was the first thing we had ordered, and of course, Rosa and I needed some alcohol after that crazy talk with Ed, which still kept going even after we had moved to another table (because it started raining).

Great seeing you again, Ed! See you next year!

2 comments:

  1. Yepyep, pero 1 week lang ang stay niya. Medyo bago ang work eh, so di pwedeng matagal ang leave.

    ReplyDelete