Saturday, March 15, 2008

Crashing the AC recital.

Last Thursday was the AC's recital of their voice and dance classes, so I headed directly to CCP after wandering about in the SDA building, as I feel more at home killing time in CCP. Got there a little too early, so even after Paulo had told me to go ahead to the conference room when I ran into him at the entrance, I headed off to Star City for some cheap food, hahaha.

When I finally went inside the conference room, I had forgotten that the AC got this potluck thing going, so there were lots of food there as well, hahaha. Only the AC, their voice teacher Thea, Paulo and Jerald were there, so I grabbed a bunch of macaroons, yum. Tad had borrowed Junjun's PSP that day, so while the AC rehearsed their songs with Paulo one by one, I was hogging the darn console playing Dragonball, hahaha.

Paulo had appointed me as his page turner that night, so I didn't really get to watch each performance. I did get to watch their dance numbers, though. One hiphop number opened the recital. Each scholar, apprentice and member contributed to the choreography. Reminded me of that exercise in last year's musical theater workshop, when we tackled the 8 basic efforts. Each of us had to contribute one movement to create a dance. A dance that was labeled "Variations" (hey, that was what was written in the sequence guide we had at the piano) closed the show.

The songs they sang for the recital were songs from musicals, hahaha. "You Can Drive A Person Crazy" is one of my favorite songs, and I guess they pulled it off, judging from the laughter from the meager audience we had, haha. Half the people skipped lines, so Paulo and I kept flipping the scores back and forth. Hey, at least they managed to pull it off despite all mental blocks. Even Tad, teeheehee.

Haha, Ric was also there to watch to support his wife's students. I think he enjoyed it except during one part when Tad had caught him frowning.

Anyway.

I was cleaning my room last night out of boredom and I cam across an old notebook. It was one of the "note-passing notebooks" Rosa and I had during our freshman year in high school. We lucked out sitting near each other the entire school year that it was easy enough to whisper and talk, but because we were such goody-goodies then, we decided to just pass notes. We started out with intermediate pad paper covered in mirror writing so it would be hard for our classmates to decipher it. But then it got pretty confusing because Rosa would sometimes crumple it to make it easy to toss. And because I was sitting next to the trash bin, I would sometimes mistake half the notes as trash, hahaha. So I came up with the note-passing notebook, which I used to have in 6th grade with my seatmate.

Hahaha, as I leafed through the pages, I was laughing half the time. Some of our conversations were about Sailor Moon, some were about Star Trek. There were even crazy drawings of virtual situations we put ourselves into because of how bored we were during class. Boredom and annoyance (of teachers) are good motivators of creativity and imagination.

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA, I've had quite a few note-passing notebooks with people myself. Fun. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, let's you get away with note-passing without anyone noticing. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sayang! Di mo npanood ang dami naming boo-boos! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, bakit kasi dun ang pwesto ng piano. Effort talaga na panoorin ang reflection niyo sa surface ng piano, hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete