Friday, March 7, 2008

Watching PHSA's TA recital / Return to Our Town

Nicco had texted me the other night, asking if he could borrow my copy of Our Town, our Beginning Acting class' recital a couple of summers ago. As it turned out, he went to watch PSHA's Theater Arts recital, and one of its segments is Our Fruitful Town, which is a fusion of Thornton Wilder's Our Town and Eraserheads' Fruitcake.

I was so intrigued that I decided to watch it this afternoon, so I headed off to CCP's Studio Theater, along with some of the AC. Nicco was there again as well, with some TKM friends in tow.

The setting wasn't named Grover's Corners and no way are they going to call it Luntian Parang, hehehe. It was set in Fruitcake Heights, where it always seems like Christmas. Upon seeing their colorful costumes (still hardly any props or set), the entire design and theme reminded me of Dr. Seuss. It was like Whoville with sugar, hahaha. I have to say, they pulled it off better than we did, hehe. I actually had tears in my eyes during the 3rd act, when Frannie Wei Wallywalnut (their Emily) decided to go back to the past to relive her 12th Christmas. Man, those kids are gonna go a long way.

After a short intermission, there were 2 more plays, Ang Kamera ni Mang Leon and Panaginip. The former was hilarious, of a balikbayan family visiting their grandparents for Christmas. The latter was about a separated couple, where in time, they question their relationship as new loves come to their lives.

When I walked out of the theater, I began missing my BA classmates, specially the closest friends I had. Over the span of a month, I found an older sister and a younger sister I never had, friends with their own quirks despite lack of tact, and stronger bonds with some of the friends I already had.

With the song "Here's to the Night" playing in my head, here's a shoutout to the denizens of Luntiang Parang...
My alter-ego and my Webb Family... Mimay, Fiancee, Betty, and JP
My hubby and the rest of the Gibbs Family... Nicco, Carmi, Michelle and Tupe.
The neighbors... Tin, Merv, Gem, Pong, Acel, and Kai.
The narrators... Julia, Jenny and Jonna.

I love y'all.

12 comments:

  1. hey i have dat buk fruitcake...sayang di ako nakanood...weeeeehhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahahaha! eto yung inaantay ko. bilang stalker mo. hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, curious ako lagi sa book na yan, pero di ko pa nababasa. Nandun pa naman ako sa Powerbooks Greenbelt nung na-launch yung book. Pero nasa labas ako ng area, hahaha.
    Rawr, bakit di ka sumama kila Opa? Sayang. =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Sabi ko na nga ba naghihintay ka lang diyan ng blog entry ko eh! =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha!!! stalker si opa...haha... pahiram ko sayo pagnagkita tayo....hey opa, asayo pa ba? pero i have an extra copy haha! weeeeeeeeeehhhhh!!! so happy.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pwede pwede! Pahiram, hahahaha! Pag nagkita tayo, that is. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ako din ang cheap ko umiiyak ako. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! Cheap pala tayo. Di ah. Think about it. Ang ganda ng lines ni Frannie Wei dun eh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ang sarap mabuhay bigla 'no! Let's look at each other. CHEH! hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahahaha! Everything's happening so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. grrrr. sayang di ko napanood! huhuhuh. shoccckss HERE'S TO THE NIGHT!!! hala hala nag rerewind ung memorieees! I misssss luntiang parang people! ang cute ng pangalan ni Emily! haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rawr, bakit ka pa kasi umuwi agad eh! Grabe ang pag alala ko sa atin. Kung di lang ako nahiya kahapon, umiyak na talaga ako kasi na-miss ko tayong lahat!

    ReplyDelete