Sunday, March 23, 2008

Of cookies and milk, and secrets

"Can you keep a secret?"

I always try to catch the 7th Heaven marathon every year during Holy Week's Black Saturday, but I found out that it was showing for 2 whole days this year (Maundy Thursday and Good Friday). I only got to watch the episodes during Friday afternoon, which drove my mom crazy because she kept seeing the same characters on TV over and over again. Uh, yeah, that's why it's a marathon.

Anyway, one episode involved the twins, Sam and David, and how they managed to listen to secrets from the rest of the family members with the use of Oreo cookies and milk. Hahaha, every time they offer one person a cookie, they all sit down with a glass of milk and talk about secrets.

For the entire episode, some secrets spill out over milk and cookies and these twins are on the receiving end of it all. Oh, the power of Oreos and milk.

Suddenly I got a craving for Oreos and milk and made a run for the nearby supermarket this afternoon. Yay. Hmmm... I'll keep the first package to myself and share the 2nd one. I don't think I have the capacity to listen to secrets at this hour.

It's funny. I remember being everyone's secret-keeper. Always being the quiet listener, I always end up being the one to listen to certain secrets. From trivial things like crushes, to the most outrageous ones. One person would utter something over YM, another would pour out other things over coffee. Sometimes a bunch of us would be sitting in a condo or at some fast food joint, and I would find bits and pieces behind everything. Heck, one person even turned me into a human diary, hahaha! I got so crazy with all these secrets that in case that I would explode, I quickly wrote them down into a different blog that a bunch of people are already dying to hack into.

I could actually write a book about all those stories. Blind items and anonymity galore. I've collected 4 years worth of secrets and stories, including my own dirty little stuff. A combination of PostSecret and Gossip Girl, nyahahay. Eep, maybe not. If those stories get out, there'll be a whole bunch of people after me, hahaha.

It feels pretty good that my friends trust me enough with their secrets. Being quite the secretive person that I am, I've learned to trust other people only recently. Crazy, isn't it?

===================================


OK, I know I'm not done with those blogs that some of you guys mentioned in one of my entries. I promise to write about those as soon as I can.

But here's a dare to any of you who are gutsy enough. I dare you guys to tell me one thing you trust me enough to keep. You can PM me if you don't even want to put it down as a comment here. Who knows, it could be some weight off your chest.

Nyak, that sounded pathetic. Maybe it's the cookies talking. But who knows (again), there could be some of you crazy enough that's willing to talk.

Cookies and milk, anyone?

16 comments:

  1. hahaha that show got me craving for oreos and milk too! sinful episode :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Sobra. And talk about product placement. All they did was eat Oreos for two whole episodes. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was like that last year, 7th Heaven marathon over at a friend's house, her grandma won't let us out of the house, bawal daw kasi...nakakaloka. iba ung atmosphere kapag holy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha! pareho tayo. human diary ng ibang tao! hahahaha. nakaka-flatter naman yun di ba? ibig sabihin trustworthy tayo. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know me too! all of us who were watching - craved for oreos and milk!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hay naku, ganyan din ang family rules din, bawal lumabas pag holy week. Thank goodness for 7th Heaven marathons, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Korek, hehe. Nakakaloka lang talaga pag mabigat ang mga nai-share ng mga tao, wahehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummmm... Yun pala ang epekto ng Oreos sa tao. Masubukan nga, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. woooooh. walking human diary Opa! che! hahahahahaha....madrama ka rin kaseh. lahat tayo. ampf.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, lahat naman tayo may sariling drama sa buhay. Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. drama queens in our own rightful ways!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What the hell happened to 7th Heaven? Bakit all of a sudden ang tanda na nila? HAHA! I can still remember, me doing the same thing pag Holy Week, ang manood ng marathon ng 7th Heaven. Naalala ko nandun pa si Jessica Biel. Ngayon, may mga pamilya na rin sila?! Nakakaloka! HAHAHA!

    Tanda ko na.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha, di ka nag-iisa, mare. Nakakagulat na lang nung nakita ko na 16 years old na pala si Ruthie. Eh dati, di pa nga yan pumapasok sa school eh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Promise! Tas si Simon. what happened to Simon! Binata na sya! WOW! Pero sila Mr and Mrs Camden ganun pa rin. HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha, yung parents lang nila ang hindi nagbago. Pati si Happy the dog, hehe. =)

    ReplyDelete