Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Christine and Cristina.

Was texting Cris yesterday, and we made plans to meet up this afternoon. She had said that she wanted to go to someplace new to her here in the south, "not the usual mall. Some sort of coffee/deli shop where we can just chill." So of course I suggested Peaberry Cafe.

Apparently Cris was taking advantage of her last free days before she starts working again, so aside from being the family errand girl, she treks over to the south pretty often. So this afternoon, I got to introduce her to my own patch of southern turf.

I haven't seen Cris in ages. I think the last time I saw her was when I got her to watch Virgin Labfest when I was working for Las Mentiras de Gloria last year. And even then, we never got to talk because I was busy working while she was watching the show with her (then) boyfriend. I think the last time we actually hung out together was... oh my gosh, I think I forgot. Either Jessica's birthday party when we snuck out to go to the playground, or in the Glorietta area, when we "played dress-up" in all the clothing stores.

Introduced Cris to Ronelli the moment we stepped inside Peaberry. After we ordered, got a table outside because Cris wanted to stay away from artificial air before she starts working again. Updates here and there, lots of stories. I didn't really know how to update her on everyone, as I hardly see most of them anymore, but the updates on some people are just too funny or crazy. By the way, Cris, that was interesting trivia about exes, hehe.

My memory of how Cris and I first became friends was pretty fuzzy. I think it started when we got grouped together for a class project, which was that we had to produce a short play. She was our director, and I was one of the actors. Eventually when my thesis came around and I needed a deputy stage manager, she was the one I asked to help. And I was super grateful to have her as my right-hand man. Even after those days, we still remained pretty good friends, and even got together for another thesis, Drei and Nicco's crazy film that was conceptualized from small talk over Starbucks.

With Cris during the Kopihaus # 8 shoot.

Cris is still an awesome friend with a quirky personal sense of style. Hahaha, I remember we used to call her Alex Mack back in college because she dressed like Larisa Oleynik in the series. When I saw her in her casual dress today, she reminded me of Claire Danes in My So-Called Life, hahaha. I love your entire outfit, Cris! Especially those boots. Too bad I didn't get to take a photo.

By the way, I had finally satiated my cheeseburger craving this week. Thanks again, Peaberry! I really have to try the pastas next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment