Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Text language and weird spellings.

Text message yesterday from some stranger: Eow poh kamuzta na poe u? Kaen nah poe u ng deener ahh. c",)

So I politely asked: Sorry, who's this please?

The reply: Wow galeng poh u mhag izpell ng wordz ahh. Parah poe niu pinapah mookah zakin nah ang julogz coe. Haha!

Annoyed, and somewhat thinking this was someone's idea of a weird joke, I asked: No, really, who's this please?

The reply was: Nasl poe?

I stopped replying. Ano ba yan.

First thing I thought, what the heck is this person doing? Is this some way to find a textmate? Ang cheap mo ha. And please, what is it with that weird text language? I mean, I'd understand if you shorten words so you can save the space and put everything in one text message. But those weirdly-spelled words with the unnecessary extra letters? It's as annoying as those Q's and X's that people use to substitute other letters that still seem fine on their own.

At aba, before it was just "ASL." Ngayon "NASL" na? Takot na ba ang mga may gusto ng textmate sa anonymity? Baka takot sa mga "hologram" (as Tad and Chrome would call them).

It's so sad how some people's spelling just worsens with the use of text language. Sure, you can shorten words when you send text messages, but there are still some people who still use text language for emails, chat, and other stuff where there really isn't any valid reason to shorten certain words. People won't take you seriously if you keep doing that.

Oh well, just my two cents. And if ever that anonymous texter really was a practical joker sent out just to annoy me, may araw ka rin.

16 comments:

  1. killerlamok likes this post.

    dahil hindi ito facebook. Ayan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, salamat, Cindy. Hmmm... Ma-post nga ito sa Facebook, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. menn just reading those text messages gave me a headache! so annoying

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knooow! It always takes me a while to decipher messages like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my classic pet peeve!!!

    arrgghh.. i can't stand people who reply in emails, chats, even sa multiply at times, like that!!! (buti na lang wala akong cellphone dito! hahaha!)

    SPELL THE WORDS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haaaaay. napaka complicated ng mga taong yan haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate it when they do that. Even the Kanos and Chicanos here do the same thing. It annoys the heck out of me. Kaya mas magaling pa tayo sa language nila e.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha, mga tamad talaga sila mag-spell!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm beyond laughing na. Sakit na sa ulo eh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hay nako, ang sarap pa rin talaga sabihan ng, "OO, JOLOGS KA. Basahin mo lang ang sinulat mo." Hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So true. Sayang lang talaga yung mga pinag-aralan if we revert to just weird text languages and all those unnecessary Z's and other extra letters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. jologs ka talaga.
    I'm really irritated by texts like that. xP. Parang nag-papacute na 'di maintindihan.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oo nga, mga OA pa sa pagsabi ng "po" para lang magpa-cute, hahaha. Nakakaloka.

    ReplyDelete