Saturday, November 14, 2009

Walking.

I realized today that I really need more exercise, so I did a little bit of walking when I had to go on a little errand this afternoon.

I had to pay our broadband internet bill at the 7-Eleven outside our village, so when I had set off walking along our street to look for a tricycle, I suddenly decided to walk the entire way out the village. Thank goodness I chose to leave the house at around 4 in the afternoon, when it was cooler. While I was walking along the street parallel to ours, I noticed the cracks on the road and remembered how old those cracks were. I remembered how bewildered yet fascinated I was of those cracks when I used to walk along that road when I was kid. As I walked further, I realized that I hardly walk around the area at the fringes of our little subdivision in our village, and I had to admit, the sights are actually pretty when you walk on by instead of riding by in a car or tricycle.

I really have to remember to get a second pair of frames for my glasses, because the pair I'm wearing has thick sides that block my peripheral vision. I've had these since last year, when I used to walk to David's studio for voice lessons. I forgot how dangerous walking along the main road was until this afternoon, and I really must have those new glasses made.

Jhack had posted on her Tumblr about the cast of Glee guesting on Tyra, and I had almost forgotten that it was to be aired on ETC this evening. Thank goodness I was just vegging out in front of the TV after dinner. I was channel-surfing and randomly stopped at ETC, when Tyra was just starting. I was intrigued at Tyra's entrance with the western high school cafeteria clique dilemma, so I stayed put to watch. They talked about the typical high school cliques and how the so-called popular kids would judge the others and vice versa, and even got a bunch of "outcasts" to speak up along with the popular kids. Haha, I remember how I felt like such an outcast in class during some time in high school, so I resorted to joining a whole bunch of extra-curricular activities, such as track and field varsity, the youth corps, the student council's programs and planning committee, and of course, theater.

Seeing the Glee cast made me miss my training. Dave's been pretty busy with teaching at the school so we haven't gone back to regular training. Maybe I'll walk over to the studio for a visit one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment