Saturday, November 28, 2009

Geographically close friends.

Lara had posted in her most recent Flashback Friday blog a chat snippet; she was telling her best friend that she saw an episode of The Simpsons where a girl asked Bart why Milhouse was his friend, and his reply was "Hmmm... I don't know really. Mostly geographical reasons."

Interesting. Lara's best friend was her college friend that lived closest to her house. Heck, my best friends also live in the south, but it doesn't really matter anyway, because we've been best friends since we were in 5th grade.

Anyway, that Simpsons quote reminded me of a chat conversation last night with a close friend. I had asked when we will be hanging out again. He responded with, "Kung kelan magkalapit na ang bahay natin, haha."

So being my usual blunt self with him, I said, "So convenience ang mas madali sa iyo?"

"Yep."

I knew that friend has always been like that. I just wanted him to say it so he can think about it for a while, hahaha. I have to admit, we did become pretty close when he lived pretty close to where I live. But even after that, our closeness never shifted... until the next crowd anyway, hahaha.


Friendship isn't always based on geography, though it really is a convenient factor. But heck, I love all my friends and I would go anywhere just to be with them. I know a bunch of people in the northern metro who can attest to that, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment