Sunday, November 22, 2009

"It's high school" revelations.

Last night, Aris held a cookout at his house to celebrate his return from Senegal plus an excuse for a belated celebration with us. Because my dad had to work at the church all night while I had to stay at home to keep my mom company (as she never outgrew the scary feeling of staying home alone), I only got to catch up by midnight when my dad got home.

So half an hour before midnight, the moment my dad got home, Aris and Iam arrived at my house a few minutes later to pick me up. Found Seph, Josh and Raffy at Aris' house, and while Iam decided to catch up on a few zzz's, I took her place at the table with the rest of the guys. I never got to the actual "cookout" part of the night, but at least I got to pick on the leftovers. Plus I also managed to finally open that bottle of Merry's Irish cream from Rosa. And I must say, I loved Raffy's barako coffee jelly with vanilla ice cream.

Iam had said that by the time she and Aris had left to pick me up, the rest had been ranting about the Twilight movies, especially this new one. Hahaha, all throughout the wee hours of the morning, even as our conversation shifted from topic to topic, we still somehow ended up going back to that topic because of how idealistic and crazy-fanatic people can get over the whole vampire trend. Crazy conversations over beer and Irish cream included Twilight's "sparkling" vampires, the "stealth assassin," the "gay friend," the useless 40-kilometer workout, the ala-School-for-Scoundrels teacher, the text language issue, among others.

Who needs the high school reunion plus those unnecessary "reunion planning sessions" when you can just get together like this? One favorite topic were those very interesting revelations that were only opened up to some or most of us at least 10 years after they had happened, hahaha. Diane's boys, Avril's boys, and even the uneventful Olive competition. Pre-prom date vows, prom dates, rejections and merely funny heartaches. But hey, as we kept saying the entire morning, "That's high school." It was amusing enough that how some had mentioned their own point of view on what was happening. It could get even more interesting if more of the people involved could be there as well, hahahaha!

Now that's a thought. That could make a really awesome December get-together.

No comments:

Post a Comment