Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Blog update on a crazy rainy day.

The weather's been pretty lousy, and today's the first time in a long time that I had to call in from work because my commute routes were impassable due to all the flood. It's high time I should update this baby.

Saw this post on Clyde's Facebook a couple of weeks ago:
"ang saya istalk ang satili mo kapag nakatimeline ka. mamili ka lang ng taon, maaalala mo na lahat ng nangyaro sayo. HAHAHAHA."

After seeing that, I randomly checked out my Facebook back in August 2008. It was the year when I actually started logging into Facebook sporadically, then more regularly.

Then I saw this post on July 28th of that year:
"is dreaming to be a competitive ballroom dancer."

I actually said that? Huwaw.

Intrigued, I wanted to recall why I was thinking that, so I checked out my blog posts from that year. It was the time of my 2nd year as a stage manager in the Virgin Labfest, then I acted in Tartuffe, a thesis production in CSB. There was also this post that began with how I met one of Rosa's officemates in Glorietta, who in turn had asked me how Rosa and I became friends, and how I got interested in theater. The 2nd half of that same post was a meme I had answered, sort of like a "back on this day of that year" kind of thing. It ended with a little rough forecast, and I had mentioned that I wanted to focus a little more on my other interests, and yes, I had mentioned that I wanted to take up ballroom dancing.

Interesting how fun it is to discover these trivial little things from way back when.

Speaking of way back when, I remember being super busy during this time last year. I had work in Makati during early mornings, then rehearsals for Noli Me Tangere in CCP in the evening, regardless of what the weather would be like. I felt like a boarder in my own house because I only come home to sleep for a couple of hours and shower and change clothes. I did most of my sleeping in our office lounge between work and rehearsals. This year was the complete opposite. I actually had enough time to catch the Cinemalaya festivities in CCP. This was actually the first time I managed to watch almost all of the films in the New Breed category. There were days when I'd even watch 2 or 3 films in a row. I actually enjoyed watching them by my lonesome, because I don't have to worry about getting good seats for another person or group.

During one film (I believe it was for The Animals), I distinctly remember a group of 3 or four girls who sat behind me. They were still decked out in their school uniform. Before the film began, I was actually amused while I somewhat eavesdropped on their conversation (heck, they were loud enough for everyone in the MKP to hear, anyway). They were raving about how fun it would probably be to work in CCP. Cute, I thought. But when the film began, my goodness, they still wouldn't stop talking. Sure, they would comment on the film, but it was just too loud for people to bear. I shot them looks a couple of times, and they were already shushed twice by other people, but they just wouldn't stop. Kids, mahiya naman kayo. Naka-uniform pa kayo, nakakahiya naman sa school ninyo.

Another season in Big Shift just ended. Well, technically. There are extended sessions for some of the classes for about 2 weeks. Too bad our class isn't one of them. So I really can't wait for the new season to start. I'm still considering also taking a basic jazz class, but I think I might have to wait for my next payout before I do so. Ballroom is still my priority.

My goodness, this rain is crazy. I heard that the current amount of rainfall (and still going) had already surpassed the amount of Ondoy's rainfall from 3 years ago. Stay safe, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment