Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sunday with the BFFs

Last Sunday, after I had dropped by CCP until after Kudeta had began the matinee show, I met up with Tin and went to the Fort together to meet up with Carlo and Micah before going to VCF's service. They've been going there together for a few weeks already, and joining them was a good opportunity to be with them and attend a good church service as well.

Being the daughter of a devout Catholic that had almost become a priest if he hadn't gotten married, I can still count the number of times I've been to a Christian service. But I always enjoyed and felt good every time I attended one. So of course, I didn't hesitate when I decided to join the BFFs at VCF.

We found Hilary outside the cafeteria, and she told us to go on ahead and grab some seats. She followed a few minutes after we did, sitting in the row in front of us beside a couple of her friends. Hahaha, after the worship, Hil introduced us to the girl she was sitting next to. She first introduced Tin and Micah because they were the ones nearest to her, and when I turned to face the girl, I realized that I knew her already. It was Chiko! Then I turned my head another way and found Nica sitting a couple of rows in front of us. My goodness, it's so good to find friends that I haven't seen in ages!

After the service, Tin, Carlo, Micah and I walked to North Park for dinner. Major camwhoring galore, hahaha. After we had stuffed ourselves, we then headed over to Krispy Kreme for dessert. I haven't used the GC that GR had given us last December (thank you again, GR!), so we decided to use it for some sugar fix. Unfortunately we didn't get to finish the whole dozen, so I had to take half of it home.

Yesterday, Tad and I finally got to watch Sweeney Todd. I've read a whole bunch of reviews about the film, ranging from it's music (hello, Sondheim) to Tim Burton's treatment to Johnny Depp (well, because, hello, he's Johnny Depp, hahaha!) Hmmm... what can I say... I guess I have to go with Robbie's review. Haha, and the blood, my goodness. I didn't really mind all the blood spurting out of people's throats, but it really was a little too bright. The red popped out everywhere. I guess that's how Burton wanted to emphasize all the blood and gore, ahehe.

Took a Timezone break after the movie, and found Mimay and Jenny at Starbucks after that. Mims, congrats for getting your actor for the role of Frank! Hahaha. Can't wait for the shoot.

4 comments:

  1. Hehehe, you're welcome! Sa susunod, kayo naman ang bibili, joke! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohohhhooo!! :) *yakap kitaaa* haha wala lang. napapagod na ko sa school! i-save nyo ko! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, halika, takas ka. =P Labyu, haliksusu.

    ReplyDelete