Sunday, March 20, 2011

Next to Normal, and some other stuff.

My goodness, because of these busy days, I've been neglecting my blog even more.

This current project I'm working on has been keeping me busy, and at the same time wasting a lot of my precious time due to one person in charge. I swear, I hate people who think they know a lot when they really don't.

Anyway, I'll let them learn on their own.


Last Sunday, I first had a nice surprise during the wee hours of morning when I had received a couple of text messages from a friend. We then had a spontaneous rendezvous later that morning, which was a nice start on a Sunday.

I was supposed to go straight home after that, but on a whim, I decided to go straight to Makati to check out Atlantis' Next To Normal in RCBC. I already heard from a lot of people who had already seen the play that it was really darn good, so I wanted to check it out.

My goodness, I knew it was a tearjerker, but I guess that was an understatement. I loved the music, I loved the story, and the actors were awesome. The play revolved around a typical dysfunctional family with a mother who was suffering from a bipolar disorder, and how the family copes with it.

I already knew the pivotal plot twist, even though I didn't know much about the musical prior to watching it. But when I was already watching it, I was so immersed into the entire thing that I was really struck by what was unfolding onstage. I was trying to be discreet while I wiped off tears from my eyes during Act 1. But I wasn't prepared enough when Act 2 began. My goodness, I was doing my best trying to hold back my tears, then I finally gave up and let them loose. But oh my, both my cardigan's sleeves were practically wet with tears during the last few scenes. I doubt that there was a dry eye in that theater.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of Next To Normal! Hope I can catch it again, or at least drop by next week.


I got another haircut this past week, and it's so funny how people had noticed that my hair just keeps getting shorter and shorter. And to think that before I had my hair cut, it went halfway down my back. Yes, it was that long until I had it cut into a short bob. I wanted to have it cut shorter, but I wanted to get used to having short hair first. Last Wednesday, I had it cut in the exact length I had originally wanted and I love it! I think I'll keep my hair at this length for quite a while.


So in other news, to the people who still read this blog, how was your previous week?

4 comments:

  1. N2N.. Grabeeeeehhhh !!! Don't worry, ako rin ilang beses napaluha to think I alredy saw a bootleg of the play in youtube before. Galing galing ni Menchu and ang boses ni Jett, wala akong masabi !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, nakakaloka diba? As in super basa ang sleeves ko after the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It. Was. HAMAZING! :D Next to Normal rocks! :D

    ReplyDelete