Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday off.

It really does seem that I update weekly, considering that Monday is the only day of the week that I get to have all that time to myself.

Still busy with Noli rehearsals. We mostly covered blocking this past week, but it was quite a challenge blocking all the actors, considering that there are always absentees everyday. We had to contend with their other scheduled commitments, such as shootings as well as rehearsals and shows of the Virgin Labfest in CCP. But at least we made lots of progress, even if it meant standing in for absentee actors along with Minay and Wowie.

Speaking of Virgin Labfest, I managed to catch a couple of sets this weekend, as we only had afternoon rehearsals on Saturday, and none on Sunday. I managed to watch Set D (The Valley Mission Care, Mga Lobo Tulad ng Buwan, and Bawal Tumawid, Nakamamatay) on Saturday evening (thanks, Miss Nikki!). Then I got to watch Set A (Requiem, Kinaumagahan, and Kafatiran) on Sunday afternoon, along with Betty. Two of my best bets for Labfest revisited are in the latter set, as I had a blast watching them. One play flowed so seamlessly and effortlessly, while the other one made me want to roll along the lone aisle with laughter. Anyway, I'm hoping to catch a couple more shows this coming weekend, if schedule permits. Plus I already got a ticket to another Labfest set because I know how hard it is to get walk-in ticket purchases when a set is closing on a weekend.

In the evening, I got to watch The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber at the Main theater, thanks to Tin and Sam. I managed to get Minay and Anna to tag along. The show was delightful, yes, I have to admit. Their voices were inspiring enough for me to think about taking voice lessons again. But I have to say that watching the actual plays featured in the revue is more thrilling. But don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the show.


There are times when I feel like I'm just going around in circles in this certain situation. Sometimes I feel like things are getting better, yet there are times when things are just static, or moments just drop. And my paranoia doesn't help, either.
Are the efforts worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment