Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Just before another busy week begins.

Another weekly update.

I don't really have much time at home to myself during the busy days. It seems that I spend more time sleeping in our office lounge than at home in my own bed during days that I have rehearsal in the evening.

We had music rehearsals this past week, and despite dealing with temporarily changing venues once in a while, plus the crazy rains that began midweek, it still didn't faze us. Well, so we did have to cancel one rehearsal due to certain flooded areas, but we managed to make up for that.

Haha, even with the cancelled rehearsal, I managed to get in a brief spur-of-the-moment rendezvous with a good friend that day, plus I got to watch Atlantis' Aida on its opening night. I loved the music, I loved their voices. Ima Castro's voice was so powerful. I'm already wondering if I could watch it again, but I guess because of my busy rehearsals days, I'm kind of doubtful.

Despite busy schedules and all, I guess I'm somewhat enjoying going back to stage management. Somewhat, hahaha. I suddenly remember that conversation with Lambert when he had asked me why I wanted to pursue acting. I then asked if I could find balance between stage management and acting, but I do seriously doubt that there could be any. I think I have to choose and focus on just one.

I miss reading book after book. I actually envied Rayna when she hung out with us during a music rehearsal with some of the lead actors (during that crazy stormy night). She was reading an English translation of "Noli Me Tangere," something that I'm dying to do since pre-prod days began.

I'm still in the middle of reading "Passport Diaries," which never fails to speak to me. It's like "Eat Pray Love" that was written for me, hahaha. Just the other day, I found another phrase that spoke to me.

I kept him around, not because I thought he was The One, but because he was Someone at a time when I was afraid there might be No One. But Someone isn't good enough anymore. Especially now that I know that being with no one can be cool too.

I love it. It's something I can relate with. It's like the character's realizations are parallel with mine. I'm so glad I impulsively bought this book instead of leaving it on the shelf.

2 comments:

  1. Nakanaman. I like that. And yeah, being with no one can be cool... especially if you're AWESOME. Hehe.

    Miss you, Hogi! :) Have a blast at your Noli SM-ing duties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that book just kept at it, speaking to me the whole time I was reading it!

    Miss you too, Erik! =)

    ReplyDelete