Monday, June 20, 2011

A free day amidst the busy ones.

Yes, I'm still alive, yet being a tad neglectful of this blog. Rehearsals for Tanghalang Pilipino's Noli Me Tangere: The Musical started last Tuesday, so I've been pretty busy. Juggling rehearsals in the evening alongside my other part-time job in the mornings isn't that easy as I thought it would be, but I do believe that after all this hard work, it'll really pay off. I haven't done any real stage management work ever after Doubt 5 years ago, so this is a good challenge as well as an opportunity to hone my SM skills in professional theater.

We've been rehearsing for about 4 days now, and had finished blocking almost half of the play. Considering that there are a lot of actors who have schedule conflicts (due to some of them are in this year's Virgin Labfest as well as some other prior commitments), Wowie, Minay and I have been standing in and taking down blocking notes like crazy, especially during the times when Chie, our fearless leader, was absent. We spent quite a good time after last Saturday's afternoon rehearsals just reviewing and comparing our blocking notes with Lambert so we'd all be on the same page when we update Chie at our next rehearsal tomorrow.

The cast looks like an interesting crowd. A good variety of actors from different backgrounds, mostly familiar faces even back during my old OJT days of yore (gee, I wonder who those are? Hahaha!).

In other news, there are some days that I just wish I could just have some peace and quiet. No one nagging or complaining, no issues about me or with someone else, and no disappointments. Plus I heard some bad news that could possibly happen, but I don't want to join in all the pessimism and negativity. I do know that there's still hope, and it's not just for one person anyway; it's for everyone. That's why I cherish certain simple things lately. The chance to talk to a friend I haven't talked to in a while, even if it's just for brief small talk. The wonderful news that a good friend of mine had just given birth to a beautiful baby. A couple of free hours alone just so I can read a new book I had just purchased, or so I could watch a movie on my laptop. Or even just a random text exchange with playful banter with a good friend.

I mentioned reading a new book. This new book I'm currently reading is called "The Passport Diaries." Yeah, typical chick lit, but it's one of my guilty pleasures. Page after page, the book kept saying the right things at the right time. I love it. There are phrases that are totally for me.

So anyway, how is everyone? Yes, you, to the one reading this. I know you're reading this blog, so go ahead and leave a comment so I'll know how you're doing. =)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Hogi! :)) Super fail talaga that I was sleeping when you texted and only got to Peaberry about an before you had to leave. But yes, reading this post makes me long for that peace and quiet you're talking about. At the same time your life has been so colorful and... colorful!! *huge grin*

    Goodluck with that blocking thing and I hope you don't have to step in for a couple of numbers in particular. :) Aja!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, ang funny mo naman kasi, nakatulog ka pa ulit after we called you, hahaha!

    My life, colorful? Ahahaha, I doubt it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. But.. it is. :D Hahaha!! See you soon Hogi! Next time ako mauuna sa inyo lahat sa venue. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, sige ha, next time, hahaha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hogi! I'm doing good. Happy for you regarding Noli. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, thanks, Carlowww! kamusta naman at ngayon ka lang ulit nagbasa ng blog ko. Nagtaka ka tuloy kung anong ginagawa ko sa Noli, hahaha. =) Sana naman next time na umuwi ka, makakapagkita na tayo. =)

    ReplyDelete