Friday, June 3, 2011

Blogging hodgepodge.

I haven't posted a hodgepodge entry in ages. So because my blogging drive got fired up this past weekend, it's time for a comeback.

After a 5-day trip outside Manila that consisted of me having to memorize a new combination lock for my bag (that was also used for my locker at the guest house), I come back to the office on Wednesday morning with slight stupidity. Because the new lock combination was stuck in my head, I suddenly found myself facing my office locker blankly, trying to recall the combination to that particular lock that I've been using for a year, hahahaha! It took five tries and even a text to former locker partner Kyrene just so I can open it to get my jacket and clearbook. I sure hope the guard didn't think I was trying to break into someone else's locker.

Speaking of work, today marks exactly one year since I started working part-time at CVG. Wow, it's been a year already? Time really does fly. I can still remember asking Anna about my resume, how I met Kye while we were both waiting for our respective validations, plus our crazy training days with the rest of the wave. From a group of 16, there are only 3 of us left on the floor as of today. I wonder which of us will stay the longest. I remember telling myself that I'll first give it a year, then I'll see how things go. Well, it's already been a year, and I still love the work, plus the friends I have, so I'll just keep going until a turning point or a different opportunity arrives.

Speaking of opportunities (I love how this entry segues on its own), I got a text from Sam early this afternoon, asking about merchandisers for The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber. As it turned out, the people from Cats are the same people behind this show. Oh my golly, if only I could. But I think my upcoming schedule might be a conflict. Oh well, we'll see.

2 comments: