Monday, February 25, 2013

Busy, and other randomness.

I'm so glad to have a rare free afternoon like today. Since last Tuesday, I don't have much free time because I started staying in the studio longer than usual to practice with Myrone for the syllabus competition. Plus I had ushering duties for They're Playing Our Song during the weekend, so I've been on my feet almost all the time.

I know I'm still a beginner, as I had started taking up the standard discipline just last December. In terms of technique, I still have so much to learn. So everyone (yes, not just Teacher B and Myrone, but also Sir Brando, Mommy Val and even the other scholars as they watch us practice) has been coaching me on my lousy posture and footwork and all that jazz that we haven't even discussed thoroughly in class. I guess this is an advantage for me, because due to that, I'm somewhat more ahead than the other students in our classes.

I still can't believe that I'm actually joining my first (syllabus) competition. And to think that only 3 months ago, I was merely watching these guys compete and grab award after award. And now I got paired up with the guy who has to defend his title in the standard category? What the heck am I doing here? No wonder he's so hard on me while I practice drills and routines, plus nagging me on my bad posture and messy footwork. I'm just glad he's somewhat being patient with me, though sometimes I have this feeling that he's sort of regretting the decision of being paired up with a beginner, and the only thing he can do about it is to tease me to keep things light. (Light? He keeps teasing me with the term "Super Ferry" because I weigh him down.)

Still, it's overwhelmingly flattering that Teacher B chose me to pair up with him to compete. Do I actually have the potential? I'm still doubting myself. Plus all the pressure keeps coming back. But to quote what Remus had just said during a short chat earlier, "Nilagay ka diyan kasi alam nila na kaya mo!" Now if only I also believed that, hahaha.

Now that that's off my chest, it's time to fill this blog with randomness.

I'm the type who sometimes gets paranoid with comments, especially when I feel that I know it's something about me. Sometimes I try to dismiss it by ignoring it, or just laugh it off, regardless whether it's true or not.

"She's flirting."
- So just because I hung out with someone doesn't mean I'm flirting. I haven't flirted once because of certain given circumstances.

"You're so malandi." (Another side comment.)
- I was merely talking during a break. A simple short conversation. What was malandi about that?

I don't know if they're misinterpreting my friendliness as flirtation when I'm already too shy to do so. So maybe I do like this person. I don't believe I'm acting on it too much due to obvious circumstances.

Then there's this one person who annoyed the heck out of me one afternoon. He was just sitting there, watching, and kept giving comments. So maybe he means well and he was just trying to help, but the way he kept dishing them out and how he said them rubbed me the wrong way. Totally annoying. I know I'm not a good dancer yet, and I know my posture's bad, but he doesn't have to keep commenting about my own posture when he can't even hold his own in class. I was the one who had to lead him once or twice in class later that afternoon.

OK, I'm done ranting.

So I've mentioned that I've been ushering for 9 Works Theatrical's production of They're Playing Our Song during the weekends. I once got to watch a thesis production of this musical a few years back, and said that it was the right musical at the right time.

I have to say, for this production, it still is the right production at the right time. I always feel giddy when I hear the songs, any of which can be so appropriate in so many situations.

There are even so many quotable quotes that I love and can relate to.

"Talking to you is like sending out your laundry. You'll never know what the hell's coming back."

"I have the symptoms of a prepubescent adolescent... That's what you get for not looking where you step."

So anyway, how are you, dear reader of this blog? Please feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment