Monday, February 4, 2013

Saturday night out.

Sir Brando invited me to his birthday celebration this Saturday. It was all the way in Binangonan, Rizal, so I decided to hitch a ride with everyone else after their Saturday class.

As Myrone had said that they usually finish up at around 2pm, I went to Makati Cinema Square a few minutes before then, browsed around Book Sale (and got a good deal on a couple of books as well), then knocked on the door of one of the small function rooms in the studio where their lecture class was. But oops, their class was still going on. They were in the middle of a discussion on the 4 temperaments, so Mommy Val asked the class to identify me. They unanimously labeled me as sanguine (pleasure-seeking and sociable), and I just had to laugh because they had no idea that I used to be so phlegmatic (relaxed and quiet). Then I took a seat and listened as Mommy Val continued the lecture for about another hour.

When the class was over, everyone (except the UMAK OJTs, who opted to go home) started getting ready to leave for the party. We then waited for quite a while at the parking area for the van.

This was the first time I got to be around these people outside of the studio (well, except for Myrone and sometimes Alvin), so I was still trying to get to know them as they joked around. As I was sitting next to Teacher Belinda, she was the one who started picking on me. Somewhere in the middle of joking around with the others, I heard a bit of teasing but didn't quite catch on, but I did hear Mommy Val say, "Alam ko ang sikreto mo, Christine." I raised my brow and thought, "What was that? What does she know?"

We pulled up at the venue about 2 hours later. It was an outdoorsy place owned by Julius, and as the tables and chairs weren't completely set up yet, the boys had to help out before we started eating.

There was yummy chicken inasal and barbecue, and I didn't even try to hide my noticeably huge appetite. Ended up hanging around mostly with Myrone and Jason. When this infamous mixed drink they called the camachile was served to us in a tower, Mark joined us at our table. I've heard that a couple of them got kind of wasted when they first had this drink a couple of weekends ago, so I got pretty curious about it. Myrone, who fell victim to the drink that last time, opted to drink beer instead, so it was just me, Jason, Mark, plus Mark's mom sharing the tower of camachile. It was pretty fine, somewhat sweet due to the strawberry juice in the mix, but by the time we were halfway on the 2nd tower, I knew that I already had my limit. Plus Julius told me it had an energy drink in the mix. Caffeine was a no-no for my condition, so I shouldn't consume so much. So I ended up drinking water while the rest finished the tower. So grateful that the boys were kind enough to get me water because I knew I would lose it if I stand up and get it on my own.

While we were just sitting around, drinking and talking, Sir Brando was alternately at the videoke machine singing away, or getting people to dance. I was content with sitting around with the boys, because I knew I'd most likely fall over if I'd dance under the influence of alcohol. I did somehow regret not taking a turn at the videoke machine, though.

I don't know if I was being dense or trying to be oblivious (partly because of paranoia due to a previous honest blog post), but I noticed a few quips and teasing here and there throughout the night. Mauw asking me if I currently have a boyfriend after asking Myrone something I didn't hear. Sir Brando saying that he was glad I stuck around, always sitting nearby, or something. Pairing up for the standard events. Someone saying that Ate Nho approves. Either I'm becoming too obvious, or... am I missing something here? Please clue me in, hahaha.

I was mighty flattered about what Sir Brando said to me that night. He noted that I was the only student that he had invited to the party. It felt really nice to be part of this crazy group. Mommy Val had even said earlier in the van that I have to get used to all the teasing first. Crazy Le Bran family. I love them already.

Later, when it was the wee hours of morning already, most of the people had left (and Alvin had managed to catch up), and we were all just sitting at one big table, after all the profound and mundane conversations, there seemed to be some conflict between a couple of friends, so I kind of inched away from the older people so as not to be rude. But I guess those kind of conflicts do happen when longtime close friends still have issues between them.

A bunch of us were the last to leave (save for Sir Brando, Alvin and Jason, I think), and by the time I got home, the sun was already rising. I was kind of out of it that I had no choice but to skip the Pasinaya Festival in CCP and sleep the whole day off until I had to go to a rare 1am shift in the office because of the Superbowl.

But anyway, it was still a blast.

So how was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment