Friday, April 26, 2013

A quote on new friends.

While I was checking my blog stats a couple of days ago, I noticed that people had been viewing my old blog entries. Then I saw one familiar entry where I quoted a character from a web series that a friend of mine was in. The quote felt appropriate for me now.

"Kahit gaano ka pa kilala ng mga pinakamatalik mong kaibigan, minsan may mga darating pa na ibang tao na magpapakita sa iyo na ang bago tungkol sa sarili mo. Maaaring sila ang magpapakita sa iyo kung saan ka magaling, at kung gaano ka kagaling. Pero sila din ang magsasabi sa iyo na may mga bagay ka pa na pwede mong ayusin. Dahil hindi pa sila nakakahon sa mga inaakala mong limitasyon mo. Dahil sa totoo lang, yan ang rason kung bakit tayo nakikipagkaibigan. At kahit matatalik mong kaibigan ang mga nakakakilala kung sino ka ngayon, minsan ang bago mong kaibigan ang magpapakita sa iyo kung anong kaya mong maging."

It definitely sums up this interesting chapter right now. When I took a big risk and resigned from one freelance job last year, I had no idea where I was going, as I was starting from again from square one.

I remember that I would always say that I could never dance to save my life. But here I am now, a little over 2 weeks as a scholar, dancing ballroom with 16 other scholars, all ranging from ages 11-26 (well, 31, now that I'm one of them). And the funny part is that here, no one knew who I was before I came into their world. No one knows who Hogi is. They only know of this crazy person named Christine who suddenly barged into their world.

As I'm still getting to know each and every one of them, the quote above really sums up everything. Anyway, despite how big the age range is in this group, I've grown to love all of them, as if I've gained a whole bunch of talented younger brothers and sisters with their own crazy quirks.

No comments:

Post a Comment