Monday, October 18, 2010

A Sondheim musical, and a bit of pondering.

Thanks to Atlantis, I got to watch their production of A Little Night Music yesterday. I honestly didn't know what to expect, but people were raving about it. But hey, it's classic Sondheim, plus a cast like that? Intriguing as ever.

While I was still hanging around the lobby, just waiting for open house (it was still way too early though), I found Ed buying a ticket. Ahaha, he just decided on a whim to watch the show after work, considering that he works close by. We ended up sitting in the lobby together, chatting, while we waited for the house to open. When we decided to go inside, we ended up sitting together. Naks, upgrade ba, Ed? Hahaha.

The cast was awesome. Everyone was casted pretty well, and everyone's voices were equally powerful. I have to admit, I never really knew much about the musical's synopsis before I came, and only knew of the songs. Ahehehe. But anyway, everyone was spectacular. I can't pinpoint much about the show, but I have to say, most of the songs are of LSS-quality, hahaha.

Congrats to the cast and crew of Atlantis' A Little Night Music! I enjoyed the show a whole lot! Super thanks!


==========================

Ever since a few days ago, there are some thoughts that have been burning in the back of my mind that I don't really want to dwell on, but they just keep coming back.

Then I keep telling myself this. I remember a relatively similar situation 4 or 5 years ago. I felt the same thing. And I made it. I managed to survive with just that, and I was happy with that. And I'm sure that I can do the same thing right now.

My Facebook status just vaguely says, "This is it. There's no stopping me now." Just a little bit of optimism, ounce by ounce.

But sometimes, I can't help it. I keep looking for the "crux," which, as I had learned in script analysis class, is the point where you had or have to make a decision, and once that decision is made, everything that follows is irreversible.

I was doing errands the entire day today, and during the bus ride home, I think I found the crux. Sometimes I wished that I could just go back to that point in my life, and just stay there for a while. I should've pondered over things a little more. But still, it's still quite a relief that I didn't linger, that I was still the impulsive old me.

Oh well.

5 comments:

  1. In a class, Anton Juan said that theatre is a rehearsal for life. That through theatre, we learn how it is to live in life. I don't think it's coincidence that you learn about crux in class, and then come to one in real life. It was preparing you for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rico! I like that. Coincidentally, when I pinpointed that "supposed crux," I realized it was the time that I fell in love with theater even more, thanks to Tanghalang Pilipino.

    Though that crux I mentioned involves another aspect of my life, ahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course. You're multi-faceted. And therefore your life would have many cruxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course. You're multi-faceted. And therefore your life would have many cruxes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. I really like how you put things into a certain perspective. Thank you. =)

    ReplyDelete